General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guildford June 9th Meet up????

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crista

Crista Report 27 May 2004 04:08

Anyone up for a Guildford meeting? Am thinking of the same place as Christmas on the 9th June. Looking like 5 pm at the moment. So far Kathleen Fennell, Max, Jim, Colin, Donna, Gaynor, Naomi, William, Lou, Gwen, Ray, Zoe, Michele, Helen and Lesley might be able to make it. Crista

Tudor

Tudor Report 27 May 2004 08:59

I could certainly try, even though I'd have a fair distance to come.

Crista

Crista Report 27 May 2004 10:33

Hi Gaynor, I couldn't make it for the Christmas meeting but I believe it was at the George Abbot pub at the bottom of the high street and near Debenhams. Seems like a good idea to chose that spot again. Wow William! That's a long way for you. Be great if you could make it. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 27 May 2004 11:58

Donna and Gaynor, Of course you can both come. Gaynor, just bring yourself and a camera. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 27 May 2004 12:11

Donna, Where are you coming from? Here are some directions with a map http://www.beerintheevening*com/pubs/show.shtml/111/George_Abbot/Guildford Crista

Michele

Michele Report 27 May 2004 15:12

HI Crista! what time on the 9th? I should be able to get away for a lunchbreak. Michele

Brenda

Brenda Report 27 May 2004 16:35

Crista,I would have really loved to have come down ,but I go on holiday on the 4th-11th ,so can not make it. I will meet you all one day I know,have a good time ,Brenda

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 27 May 2004 16:51

Too short notice for me I'm afraid, but will be there in spirit. Don't forget to invite GC as they turned up last time! Maz. XX

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 27 May 2004 16:59

I live in Epsom so could do a Guildford meet. Only problem is I don't finish work until 6.30 so couldn't be there much before 7.30pm. Will keep watching the thread for updates. Naomi

Crista

Crista Report 27 May 2004 21:43

Hi Michele, Donna, Maz and Naomi. I've updated the title to say the 9th. It's looking like it will be around 5 or 6pm. Max says she can give a lift to one person. She will be coming from south London. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 28 May 2004 01:22

Michele, I can give you a lift back to Haslemere if you need it. Not sure if you drive into work or not. We can go back via that big hill on Woolmer Hill road. Lol! Crista

Crista

Crista Report 28 May 2004 01:24

Here are train and bus shedules in case people need them. http://www.nationalrail*co.uk/planmyjourney http://www.nationalexpress*com Also B&Bs http://www.1st-4-rooms*co.uk/search.html Crista

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 May 2004 12:36

right, pencil me in as a "will try to come". Shame it's midweek, makes it harder for those of us who have to travel.. who chose a Wednesday lol

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 28 May 2004 14:56

Ok, I'll be there. but maybe a little late. I'll be coming from Wandsworth so can give lifts there from that direction but only go as far as Epsom on the way home.

Crista

Crista Report 28 May 2004 20:33

Guys, if I'm coming all the way from the US, the least you could do is meet me on a Wednesday! Seriously though, it started as a meeting between me a Kathleen (it was the only do we could both do) and we thought we'd see if others could make it. Crista

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 29 May 2004 15:44

have fun people..wish i could come too

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 May 2004 16:58

Hello Snow White, What time in Guildford shall you and I meet? :-) Jim XX

Crista

Crista Report 29 May 2004 20:04

Hi Jim, How does 5 or 6 suit you? Can Colin make it too? Terri, it's an open invitation to all you want to come! Crista

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 1 Jun 2004 14:09

Terri, I don't finish work until 6.30 either. Where abouts are you in London? If it's not too far I could give you a lift. Naomi

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 Jun 2004 15:37

Shame I can't co - will be on night shift - and cannot get a swap at all. :-(( Liz