General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THIS YEAR HAS FLOWN BY!!!! - Only 15 weeks to Chri

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

T J

T J Report 27 May 2004 21:35

What a frightening thought .... Reality will set in when the nursery I work for brings in it's 30.000 christmas trees from the plantations tho' Work from the Christmas tree company has now started - nothing nicer than the smell of real christmas trees. Just a gentle reminder.

Rach

Rach Report 27 May 2004 21:38

Thanks for that! I didnt do anything this christmas apart from work a 14hr shift at work. Il opt to do the same again this year! lol!

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 27 May 2004 21:38

i don't think about that untill at least november!! comes round to quick,lets have summer first!!!!! chris.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 27 May 2004 22:09

Noooooooooooooo

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 27 May 2004 22:13

Do you start to plan the Christmas Play in September like we do in schools? Viv.

T J

T J Report 27 May 2004 22:20

Viv I work in a garden nursery selling plants and at christmas time we sell about 30,000 real christmas trees as we sell them nationally - I wish I did work in a childrens nursery at least the magic of christmas would return - as it is my son is now 16 and doesn't believe and my daughter is 9 and I don't think she has made her mind up yet. love Trace xxx

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 27 May 2004 22:21

The high street store that I work for has had paperwork through for the manager to start planning the layout and staffing already and we shall start having stock in by the end of August, the implementation will start in September. Mind you I have already got my Xmas cards and wrap and I've got 6 presents already. Helen

T J

T J Report 27 May 2004 22:31

I wish i was that organised av a gud un lol

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 27 May 2004 22:32

i starting saving every year from first week of january for christmas,but never enough. tracy

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 27 May 2004 22:38

Sorry Trace, Got the wrong end of the stick didn't I? LOL. I can be a real pr*t sometimes. Need some pointers on how to keep poinsettias alive though. I always buy one for Christmas but it soon looks like it should be on my compost heap! Viv.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 28 May 2004 11:28

Sorry, Forgot to add that yesterday i actually put the christmas decorations back into the loft, ready to get out again in november! They have been sitting in a box in my lounge since I took them down at 12th night. My kids said i should just have left them where they were to save me the trouble of getting them out of the loft for this coming christmas! LOL Viv

Philip

Philip Report 28 May 2004 12:00

Hello Tracy, Oh God, thanks for reminding me! In our drapery business, Xmas never goes away. No sooner is one season over than the wholesalers are preparing their catalogues for the following year. Then the exhibitions start up in the spring, followed by purchasing for the shop in early summer. In our till roll functional categories, we have one for Xmas sales, and we're still recording items now after Easter! lol! Philip

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 May 2004 21:33

do you know what tracy i can't wait.i absolutely love christmas and this year have loads of the family round.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 May 2004 22:54

Tracy, I'm one of those people you love to hate ..... I make a start on pressie browsing during the summer holidays, then do the actual buying in the October half term (you can tell I work in a school then!). I also make a lot of my own Christmas cards and that means quite an early start. But not while the sun's still shining! At least it gives the family something to laugh at me for :) Mandy x

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 29 May 2004 09:27

i love Christmas.. i already have cards, some pressies and gift wrap too.... i work in a childrens nursery so it is a magical time there, they get so excited..... i cant wait... lou

Sandra

Sandra Report 29 May 2004 09:32

Hi i love christmas this year is special as i now have a grandaughter to buy for. But i won't start really thinking about it until the end of september, when the sun starts to vanish sandra

Janet

Janet Report 29 May 2004 09:45

Instant Depression

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 29 May 2004 11:35

Oh Pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!! Reaching for a G & T!!!! Ann

T J

T J Report 29 May 2004 19:36

Sorry to depress you guys but now it is only 29 weeks to that magical time for kiddie winkies - As for pointsettiers Viv they ideally should be kept at a constant temperature of 16 degress celcius (?spelling) and don't like to be too wet.

Bob

Bob Report 29 May 2004 21:13

Viv Everything you ever wanted to know (and a lot you didn't) can be found on: http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/poinsettia/care.html As far as I am concerned the compost heap is the best place for them... Try Christmas cactus. They are prettier and will last for ages (we have one 10 years old). http://www.earlmay.*com/pamphlets/911578_christmas_cactus.htm