General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My father - Update

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jun 2004 11:38

See Below-- My father has just been taken ill in Austria (on holiday). He has pancreaitis (Spelling ??) and now kidney failure and is on a ventilator. It is not looking good. I'm flying out in a couple of hours to be with my mother - who is doing remarkably well considering. Dad is only 64 and has always been relatively healthy. So we are all in shock. Anyway - I'll be away from GC for a bit - no idea how long. Ann

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 1 Jun 2004 11:42

Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I understand how worried you must all be and i will be praying for you all. Sheila

Lindy

Lindy Report 1 Jun 2004 11:44

Hi Ann, My prayers go with you! Lindy xx

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jun 2004 11:46

Hi Ann, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I'm sure your mum will be so pleased to see you. Take care and try to be strong. I will be thinking of you all and will say a special prayer for your dad Love Ann x x

June

June Report 1 Jun 2004 11:54

Hi Ann I'm sorry to hear about your father's illness, my thoughts and prayers are with you all Love June xx

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Jun 2004 12:33

Ann, take heart my love, my Dad had pancreatitis four years ago at the age of 70. It was his first time in hospital, he was always so fit. We were prepared for the worse, he was seriously ill. He came home three weeks later, was promptly rushed back in two hours later, with an infection in the stomach. He came home two weeks later, had his gall bladder removed a few months later. It took him several months to recover and he has had it again, last year, not as bad though. My Dad has recovered so well, and considering he is now 74, looks amazing. It is going to be a hard time for you and your Mam, but these Dad's are strong and have fight in them, we don't see. I will pray for your Dad's speedy and safe recovery and for you and your Mam too. Look after yourself. God bless. Love, M.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jun 2004 12:39

Ann - so sorry to hear your news.Will be thinking of you all,take care. Jude. S Wales

Ann

Ann Report 1 Jun 2004 12:42

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I only told one person before I left the office the morning - i'm not much good with sympathy normally - but somehow on here its different. The taxi to the airport is about to arrive - so I must be off. Whatever happens - researching our family has brought us so much closer together over the last few months and I'm greatful for that. Ann

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jun 2004 14:20

Ann I'm so sorry to hear your news. It must have been such a shock for you and your mum. You and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers at the moment, and please keep your friends on GC updated whenever you can. Take care, love Mandy x

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 1 Jun 2004 14:30

Ann, sorry to hear your news. God Bless and keep positive! Pam

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 1 Jun 2004 20:17

Hi Ann, By now you will be with your Dad, so I hope things are ok. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Helen

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 1 Jun 2004 20:41

Ann: Sorry to hear what's happened. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 1 Jun 2004 20:45

Hi Anne, Sorry to hear about your dad. You take care, and give him my best. That goes for all of you.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 1 Jun 2004 20:46

ann im sorry to hear about your dad give him and your mum my love and heres a big hug for you((((((HUG))))) susie

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jun 2004 14:45

I arrived at Salzburg hospital at 9.30pm on Tuesday and my Dad died an hour later. I am so glad that I decided to fly when I did. Even though Dad was unconscious I got to say goodbye and I was there for Mum. Never go abroad without good travel insurance. My parents had a motorcaraven and were insured by the caravan club. They were wonderful - sorting things out. They arranged international undertakers, someone to get the caravan and flights and accomodation for us. Everyone we met in Salzburg was so kind. Nothing seems quite real yet.... but plenty of people are rallying round and being the people we are - we are getting on with things. As Dad died abroad I understand that we have to get an order from the Home Office before the funeral can go ahead and we also have to apply for a UK death certificate. If anyone has done either of these, I would be greatful for any advice. Ann

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 8 Jun 2004 14:54

Ann - I am so very sorry to hear of your father's death, it must be such a terrible shock. The wife of a friend died whilst on holiday in the Seychelles, apparently the staff and local consulate were extremely helpful, I'm sure Embassy or consular staff in Salzburg will be able to assist you. Thoughts and prayers are with you, take care, Sheila

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jun 2004 14:59

Hi Ann, I am so sorry to hear your very sad news, But am glad that you managed to be with your father at the end. My thoughts are with you, take care. Ann x x

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Jun 2004 15:03

Thinking of you all at this sad time. Your Mum must be so grateful to have you with her.

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 8 Jun 2004 15:13

Ann, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love, Elisabeth xxxx

Janet

Janet Report 8 Jun 2004 15:48

So sorry to hear of your father's death. Never an easy time. The local coroner (England) or Procurator Fiscal (Scotland) where your father lived may be of some help with information as they will have to deal with the body coming back into the country. Thinking of you in this sad time Janet