General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone interested in chatting on instant messenger

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bev

Bev Report 1 Jun 2004 16:28

as the chat room is so slow, i wondered if anyone was interested in chatting on instant messenger, we could add eachother to contacts and arrange when to be on line. That way we could also block any unsavory characters, and also still chat when any of us is on line simply add people to your contacts list and we are away what do you think?

John

John Report 1 Jun 2004 16:32

go for it i am in. let me know what i need to do. regards john.

Bev

Bev Report 1 Jun 2004 16:41

you need to install MSN messenger then put the e-mail address of the people you wish to add into the add contacts tab

Bev

Bev Report 1 Jun 2004 16:45

yes donna, once you have added your contacts, when you see them online (messenger shows you this) you can start chatting and as more contacts come on line you can in vite them to join you, so you are all talking in the same window

Natalie

Natalie Report 1 Jun 2004 17:06

I'm up for this for when I am at home rather then at work. now that I am getting broadband. Nat

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 Jun 2004 17:12

I am interested Liz

Dawn

Dawn Report 1 Jun 2004 17:13

Great idea, count me in! Dawn

Bev

Bev Report 1 Jun 2004 17:14

ok folks if you all send me your e-mails i will add you to my contacts Bev

Jane

Jane Report 1 Jun 2004 17:16

I thought MSN messenger had cloesed in Britain? If not can someone tell me how to enlist. Jane

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 1 Jun 2004 17:24

I'll have to email you when I get home - Can't remember my msn email address. Typical brain drain day again!! Liz

June

June Report 1 Jun 2004 17:38

Count me in please, I'm already on messenger June

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 1 Jun 2004 20:50

im interested i already have messenger and use it far more then gc do u want my addy

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 1 Jun 2004 20:51

if any of u dont have messenger you can email me via gc and il send you an invite which tells u how to do it lou

Margaret

Margaret Report 1 Jun 2004 21:26

Im also already on messenger. Maggie

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jun 2004 20:32

I'm on already josimpson14 If I can get on! The kids always hog it! Oh cant put it on, never mind

Fairy

Fairy Report 2 Jun 2004 21:01

Great idea, count me in. Jo X

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Jun 2004 21:09

my addy is louisesoarview at h otmail dot com u change it so it looks like an email addy though....lol

Susanne

Susanne Report 2 Jun 2004 21:22

I'd love to join in if I could remember how!! Sue:-)

Trish

Trish Report 3 Jun 2004 09:09

I'm interested - if I can get hubby to download it for me!!

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 3 Jun 2004 09:28

have mailed you my msn addy Jan