General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone from sth.london/croydon.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jun 2004 19:19

cos it feels lonely down here!......bryan.

Belle56

Belle56 Report 2 Jun 2004 19:28

Hi Brian, I was born and bred in good old Camberwell, left there seven years ago, couldn't stand the violence anymore, miss my shopping trips to the Whitgift Centre though. Belle.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 2 Jun 2004 19:33

I used to live in Wallington before I moved down here 16 years ago.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jun 2004 20:05

you see wot i mean lol,everyones moving out,but your right,it is quite violent in this area,time i moved,methinks...bryan.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 2 Jun 2004 20:42

I cant say that it's really any different here...we have our fair share of violence...it's just closer to the sea than South London!

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 2 Jun 2004 21:39

My daughter works in the Mortuary at the Mayday Hospital Croydon..... does that count? Dee X

Janice

Janice Report 2 Jun 2004 21:43

Hi Brian, I live in West Wickham and work in Sydenham. That close enough? Janice

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 3 Jun 2004 08:09

Hi I live in Streatham, have done for about 13 years now. Liz

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 16:18

thanks to everyone who replied,i feel more at home now,knowing your all so close bye...dierdre,my dad has worked at mayday for forty years...terri,i was in mitcham last nite,visiting my sister..i live in thornton heath,but would like to move to west wickham,so watch out janice!! once again,thanks to you all.......bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Jun 2004 22:49

Hi Bryan, I'm in Streatham like Liz. I wouldn't walk around late at night on my own, but otherwise I think it's pretty much as good as anywhere else! Everywhere has it's dodgy areas, you just have to be sensible that's all! Hi Liz! I'll email you! Love Eleanor x

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 6 Jun 2004 23:17

Hi Eleanor Hows you? Hope Tony's ok. Like you - wouldn't like to go around Streatham much late a t night - the pavement gets a bit full some nights!! Not bad area really tho Speak soon Liz

Yvette

Yvette Report 6 Jun 2004 23:45

Brian, I'm not in Croydon now, but lived in New Addington for many years, my fathers family are based there, and i pop down often to visit and chase up family research at Croydon library. It seems the majority of his ancestors are from Thornton Heath, South Norwood and surrounding areas. So can i count myself as an honoury South Londoner? Regards Yvette

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jun 2004 01:04

hi yvette,yes your definitely welcome...new addington is better now,as the trams go there...let m know the family name,who knows,maybe i can help...best wishes to you all,bryan.

Carol

Carol Report 7 Jun 2004 07:22

Hi Brian i live in newaddington my married name is benham were in croydon are you?

Helen in Berkshire

Helen in Berkshire Report 9 Jun 2004 14:49

Hello Brian I too hail from South London (born Bromley, lived Park Langley and West Wickham) although due to hubby's work we moved to Maidenhead some years ago. Janice - my mother still lives in WW a few minutes' walk from the station - anywhere near you? Regards Helen

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 15:14

it really is a small world...i live in thornton heath,i use the local tesco,i lived in maple road penge,in the 70s..some of my family lives/lived,bourn vale,hayes,i have friends and family new addington,and i was engaged to a girl in west wickham..and i often go into the pub in beckenham,where kate,from big brother is a regular.....bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jun 2004 15:49

hi joy,everything you said,rings a bell with me,the pickhurst ive been in many times over the years,the w.g.grace is a wonderful pubive been up and down pickhurst lane,thousands of times..the regulars,including kate,now use the alma lodge,but i havent been there for over a year,sorry meant to say pickhurst rise!...best wishes...bryan

Sue

Sue Report 9 Jun 2004 18:49

Would you count me as a Sarf Londoner? Born in Southfields, just off Wimbledon Park Road, early childhood in Wimbledon Park (Durnsford Road opposite the Electricity Board), but then went up(?!?) in the world and moved to North Cheam in Surrey (well it was then - now part of Greater London). Mum always said we lived in Cheam, conveniently forgot the North bit. LOL Now I've really let the side down! Live in the middle of Epsom Downs by the racecourse - that really is Surrey! LOL Sue

Suzy

Suzy Report 9 Jun 2004 19:00

Hello Bryan I am in Petts Wood, near Orpington, although I lived in Bromley for about 11 years - Palace View. Janice Tibble - One of my best friends lives in West Wickham (Pickhurst Lane), and I am going there tomorrow night. Will give you a wave!! Emma Matthews - I know Penge very well. I used to attend the Peggy Spencer dance studio there as a child!! Helen May - a good friend of mine runs Prima Donnas restaurant. Is that near your Mum? Joy (Kentish Maid) - I used to go to the "Three Tuns" in Beckenham too!! Also "The Beckenham". Don't think they are there now. We visit the "Pickhurst Pub" a lot - a great one for kids. My Mum lived in Bromley for many years, but she now lives in Dorset too - Highcliffe, near Christchurch. What a small world, eh?

Suzy

Suzy Report 9 Jun 2004 19:29

Joy ....and I passed my driving test in West Wickham. LOL