General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hugs for Valerie please - **UPDATE**

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 19:01

Our friend Valerie Jones from Liverpool needs all her GC friends at the moment. She has just been told today that her son is being posted back to Iraq for a second time and of course she is very upset. I know that it's his job, as I'm sure does Val, but he's still her boy and she's bound to be worried about him. So if there are any hugs, thoughts and love going spare out there, please can you post them here for Val. Thanks, Mandy x .................. Val's son has been home for the weekend and is off today. Keep your chin up Val, we're all thinking of you xxx

Lynda

Lynda Report 3 Jun 2004 19:03

Dear Val Big hug is on it's way to you and your son, take care both of you. (((((((((((((((((Val & Son))))))))))))))) Lynda xx

John

John Report 3 Jun 2004 19:06

tons of hugs val, we are all with you at this time i pray your son is kept save and comes home soon lots of love john.

Sue

Sue Report 3 Jun 2004 19:12

Lots of hugs from one mother to another. ((((((((Valerie)))))))) No matter how old they are, they are still our babies. Praying for the safe return of your 'baby'. Love and hugs Sue

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 3 Jun 2004 19:14

Valerie HUGE HUG coming your way. Pray God keep him safe till he returns. My heart is with you, and hold on in there, I'm sure he'll be fine. Lisa xx

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Jun 2004 19:16

hi val ((((((((((((((((VAL & SON))))))))))))))))))))) I will pray to keep him safe sandra

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 3 Jun 2004 19:21

(((((((((((((((((((((Val & son))))))))))))))))))))))) Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Jun 2004 19:28

Hi Valerie, I think I know how you feel as my hubby was in the Army and only left 2 years ago, by the skin of his teeth aye!!! I send lots of hugs and hope the time goes by quickly for you. Sarah xx

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 3 Jun 2004 19:40

Val for you and your son ((((((((((((((((((((((((O))))))))))))))))))))))) Jan

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 3 Jun 2004 19:42

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((VAL))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Val. I know a little of what you are feeling although in my case it wasn't a child, it was my hubby and luckily enough it wasn't Iraq last year or 10 years previously, but it was Northern Ireland 5 times and Bosnia in 1995, so the feelings you are going through are similar to mine. I prayed every night and was luckily enough to have a good family and lots of friends( who were also in the same boat) that I could talk to, and of course there are blueys, Phil used to say that they kept him going. I probably am talking to someone who knows this anyway, but don't forget there is also another family who are willing to listen to you as well, that is all your friends here on GC (note anyone at Admin) so anytime you're feeling down we'll be here for you. Love Helen

June

June Report 3 Jun 2004 20:32

Hi Val I'm thinking of you and your son, I know its his job but that doesn't make it any easier does it Love and hugs to both of you June xx

Penny

Penny Report 3 Jun 2004 20:43

My sons are only little 5 and 10 but in your eyes I suspect yours is still too. As one mother to another I wish you love and strength and may he come home safely soon. Penny X

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 3 Jun 2004 20:50

i send my thoughts and a hug to them both and tell him to keep safe and come back home soon. i know its his job but they get little support sometimes. we can feel safer knowing there are men and women prepared to do his job. best wishes to them all julie

Lindy

Lindy Report 3 Jun 2004 22:21

Hi Val, Bear hugsss for you and your boy! Lindy xx

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 Jun 2004 22:34

val, a big big hug, my thoughts will be with you all. xx

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 3 Jun 2004 22:49

Very Big Hug for you Val and one for your boy too, and a prayer for you and all mothers whose sons and daughters are in the services Love Norah xx

Wee Bonnie

Wee Bonnie Report 3 Jun 2004 23:24

Lots of hugs for Valerie and son, we wish him home safely. (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) (=) ((((((((((((((((((((((((((Val and Son)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Thoughts and prayers go with him. Wee Gracie xxoo

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2004 00:11

Sending my best wishes, Val, I hope he is surrounded with love. I'm sure you will know that all of us here are thinking of you, your son and all other sons and daughters out there. God Bless them all. Jo.

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jun 2004 11:20

big hugs for you today valerie,we all appreciate what your son is doing for the country and iraq trying to bring peace to the world.our thoughts and prayers are with you both.take care of yourselfx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jun 2004 12:44

Hugs Val. Those lads are doing a wonderful job out there and deserve all the morale boosting we can give. It is many years since my husband was in the R Navy but I can still remember how I felt when he went away.My thoughts are with you and your son and all his colleagues. ann Glos