General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:36

Tribal pages website that is, my password is pentops (no password needed) I would love to have a look at some others see what youve chosen etc. Please feel free to add to my guestbook too. Penny

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 7 Jun 2004 20:42

Do I sign into mine and then somehow get to yours Pen or do I need to put a whole address in the address bar? Pam Have emailed you my user name and password Pam

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:43

Terri, its basically a free site with a 'template' for you to upload your family tree gedcom (or manually) and it presents you with a really impressive looking Family Tree website. Its the usual www then tribalpages then com. Once in under the user ID put pentops (for mine) Have a look around its a brilliant site for creating your own website. Penny

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:44

Pam if you go onto the tribal pages home page (see reply to Terri above) there is a search box for user ID you can put in various from there. Hope that makes sense. I,m not very techincally minded I'm afraid, Penny

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 7 Jun 2004 20:45

Pen, I'm doing something wrong as when I put pentops it it says you need password and user name?? Pam

Debbie

Debbie Report 7 Jun 2004 20:47

Hi Penny Just had a look, Very good loads of surnames. I take it your surname is Rogers, So I guess the three lovely children are yours. I have mine on Tribal user name d3110, not that exiting yet but planning to put more pictures on one day. Trouble is I have to keep checking these boards and just cant find the time. Debbie

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:48

Pam Just rechecked no password needed on mine. Have you got their homepage? then top left hand box for userID and pentops. Just went in myself using those directions, Penny

Debbie

Debbie Report 7 Jun 2004 20:49

Pam I have just had a look and I got in ok. I just went to the www.tribalpages(.)com and in the little box to the left typed pentops and it came up. Debbie

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:49

Hi Debbie yes that was my maiden name. Yes the three horrors are mine! Penny

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 7 Jun 2004 20:52

DOH! Got in this time. I have the edit tree page saved to my favourites, not the homepage. Haven't got a scanner yet (still top of my wish list) so no photos on mine i'm afraid. WOW Pen, you have a lot of surnames. Take it you've done like me and wandered off the path you intended to take?

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:58

Pam yes but a lot of the names are twiglets really, but I cant bear to let any connection go unrecorded I'm afraid! I figure that although a lot of it is current hopefully my desendents will be really grateful for all my documentation! Debbi thanks for letting me have a look at yours, I love all the old photos. I had to smile I live in Norfolk and when the wind blows in a certain direction there is a rural smell and when I looked at the photo of your relative with his pigs I got a distinct whiff. Penny

Debbie

Debbie Report 7 Jun 2004 21:03

My Grandad died a few years ago. And he had his Pigs until he was 90 but had to give up driving and died a couple of years later. I live quite near where he kept them it is so sad when I drive past. I can still see him there and smell them too. I used to love the smell. Aparently they are one of the cleanest animals around. Debbie

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 21:06

Its amazing how smells can take you right back isnt it, Certain hairsprays remind me of when I was a teenager and of course aftershave and perfume of people I've known. Penny

Sprack

Sprack Report 7 Jun 2004 21:06

you can look at my tribalpages if you like penny, its jenny149 ,if anyone wants the password to enter send me a contact email. best wishes, jenny

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 21:20

Jenny and Daphne, thank you for letting me have a peep, I have left guest book entries for you both, Penny

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 21:34

Dawn I am speechless how far back how many names, I am really impressed what a lot of research you have done, have you been researching for a long time? I like the background too very eye catching. About to sign off now but if anyone else would like to leave their user ID I would love to have a look tommorrow, promise to sign all guestbooks too! TTFN Penny

William

William Report 7 Jun 2004 23:10

You can have a look at mine any time you like!; http://www(.)tribalpages(.)com/tribes/wrjones Regards William Russell Jones Cefn Mawr Wrexham.

Philip

Philip Report 8 Jun 2004 10:30

Hello Pen, Just had a look at your website, fantastic, well done! Don't know how long it took you to complete the input so far, and how much energy, but it's obviously going very well. As a new noy, I'm still finding out about the various website options available, but once I do get down to putting some stuff online, I'll let you know. At present I'm getting all my records into my computer at home via one of the standard genealogy software progs. Good hunting! Philip

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 8 Jun 2004 14:27

Hiya, I added some photo's at the weekend. www.tribalpages(.)com/tribes/naomim1973 Do need to update my Gedcom's though as some people on my tree here but not on there. so much to do and so little time to do it. Naomi

Penny

Penny Report 8 Jun 2004 15:00

Thanks everyone, I worked this morning, had an hour of the garden and have popped in for a break from the sun. Naomi, Lisa and William, thanks for letting me have a look at your websites they have given me a few ideas and definetely inspired me to try and take my tree back further. Philip once you have done the hard work once on your home software you can upload it to a site like tiribal pages very easily, thats how I did mine anyway. Anyway back for the school run and daughters ballet classes now, bye for now, Penny