General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thread of Kent

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Jun 2004 09:03

Well where are all the Kentish people any out there I was born in Dover Kent but my early childhood days were spent in St Margarets Bay Margaret x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jun 2004 09:33

I'm Kentish born and bred, born in Maidstone, living in Ashford.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 10 Jun 2004 09:37

Born and bred..... up until the age of 6 though. We're from Gillingham. Still support the Gills.... even though they tend to be a little on the rubbish side! Was born in All Saints Hospital.... kinda sad it's gone now. Chloe

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jun 2004 09:40

Hey Chloe!! Hubby is from Rainham Mark and is a BIG Gills fan!! He has converted 6 year old son and bought an adult and a junior season tkt for Gordon Road Stand! His parents and sister still live down there. Family name is Dowling if that rings any bells! Maz. XX

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 10 Jun 2004 09:47

Hi Maz Ah! Good on your husband! Dad gets to see the matches a lot more than I do but he doesn't have a season ticket. For his 60th (next year) I was thinking of getting him a Gills shirt with his name on the back.... not sure how much it will cost though. Dowling doesn't ring any bells, I'm afraid. I lived in Wigmore Road. Didn't know many people... but will ask Mum and Dad. Mum is Chatham born and bred, or should I be saying "Chat'm"? Oh if you want any look ups for the 1948, 1967, 1973 and 1974 Kelly's for that area I'd be more than happy to help! My nana stole them from the library ages ago.... tut tut on her! Chloe

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Jun 2004 09:52

Don't how long it takes to be a Kentish person but have lived near Folkestone since 1978. No Kentish ancestors though.

Joy

Joy Report 10 Jun 2004 16:21

Kentish Maid, me, born Beckenham, with TURNER ancestors from Lenham, Kent, and DOUGHTY ancestors from Ramsgate. Joy (nee Brooks)

valinkent

valinkent Report 10 Jun 2004 16:30

My family are all from Ashford i was born in Oxford came back with my parents in 1953 got married in 1961 married someone from Oxford lived there for 25 years then in 1985 came back to Ashford ,will not be going any where else love it here. Val GC

Joy

Joy Report 10 Jun 2004 18:25

West of the river Medway you are a Kentish Maid, east of the Medway you are Maid of Kent. Beckenham is well to the west of the Medway! This is even defined in the dictionary if you look for Man of Kent. Joy

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 10 Jun 2004 18:28

Hi Margaret, I live near Tenterden and have been in the area for 16 years. Before that I was in Hertfordshire and, before that, living abroad. Maz, there is a Dr. Dowling in Tenterden but don't know if he is originally local.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jun 2004 18:28

Well as Margaret who started it was from Dover, this should then be a 'Thread of Kent' surely ??!!!! Maz. XX

Shan

Shan Report 10 Jun 2004 18:56

Hi all u kent peep's, i was born quetta house Margate lived Birchington, gillingham, Rainham,i class my home as Birchington as alway's went to gran's summer hol's with all my cousin's who were also born and bred same area, as well as ashford

Shan

Shan Report 10 Jun 2004 18:58

Chloe where in gillingham did u live???? Shan

Shan

Shan Report 10 Jun 2004 18:59

Maz my grandparent's lived Parkhurst Rd where i spent many happy time's do you know of it Shan

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Jun 2004 19:06

Shan - will ask hubby when he comes home tomorrow - he is in Moscow at the moment!! Maz. XX

Shan

Shan Report 10 Jun 2004 19:11

as a kid, on the watling road,from Rainham Gillingham Chatham, does anyone know of the central hotel????? That's the road i lived down Shan

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Jun 2004 19:28

HI DO I COUNT, born in Brighton, lived just outside Canterbury for 7 years and i'm now in Larkfield near Maidstone for 2yrs and fellow is in Lenham kent his been there for 35yrs plus sandra

Angela

Angela Report 10 Jun 2004 20:31

I'm in New Ash Green and have loads of ancestors from Ash/Stansted/Sutton at Hone and roundabout - on my doorstep though I didn't know that when I came here. Brought up in Bexleyheath which was Kent before it got swallowed up by Greater London. Angela

syljo

syljo Report 10 Jun 2004 21:18

My mother spent her last years in Minster, nr Ramsgate Kent. My auntie (mum's sister) lived in Margate and another auntie lived in Gillingham.Have spent many a holiday when I was young in Kent.

Ann

Ann Report 11 Jun 2004 00:42

I was born in Maidstone (near the border with Loose) and lived there until I left for university. Ann