General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do we all eat for breakfast

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Jun 2004 08:16

Are we healthy eaters where breakfast is concerned or do we like a a good fry up , me i am happy with grapefruit, toast and marmite on my days off, when working coffee and ciggie. Margaret

Sandra

Sandra Report 18 Jun 2004 08:17

HI MARGARET i have cereal or toast sandra

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 18 Jun 2004 08:18

hi margaret i am one of the naughty ones i dont do breakfast, never have done even though i know i should tracy

Tracey

Tracey Report 18 Jun 2004 08:20

Hi Margaret, I have that 'fitnesse' cereal during the week but sometimes at the weekend i like crumpets with cheese on!! Yuummmyyy!! Tracey

badger

badger Report 18 Jun 2004 08:25

I go for a couple of crumpets ,or crispbread with marmite ,or an apple ,along with at least two cuppas. feeling decedant i ,once in a while go for a grill up with all the trimmings ,including the black pud.Wrong for a fella with a dodgy ticker but i always walk it off gently.Fred.

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Jun 2004 08:25

Ohhhh Tracy crumpets have'nt had them for years Margaret

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Jun 2004 08:31

Fred a little of what you fancy does you good Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jun 2004 08:34

I've genuinely never been able to face food as soon as I wake up, so I compromise by having hot chocolate made with milk - much more filling than just a drink. However, if I've been up an hour or two, I can manage just about anything! Mandy :)

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 18 Jun 2004 08:34

i have weetabix ,add hot water to them to soften them then add cold milk kids and hubby think im disgusting but i love them had it like this since i was a kid mmmmmmm love kylie

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 18 Jun 2004 09:04

Today as hubby was home we had bacon,,free range eggs grilled toms and a wee banger plus toast, Usually its branflakes for me,,,,known in our family as bum flakes for abvious reasons,,!!!

Natalie

Natalie Report 18 Jun 2004 09:06

Nothing

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 18 Jun 2004 09:16

I enjoy a sandwich made with low fat spread and a generous helping of ginger conserve, particularly the spiced variety from Tesco.

Sarah

Sarah Report 18 Jun 2004 09:19

I can never eat when I first get up - start the day with coffee and a ciggie (although my partner and I have set a date for giving up the dreaded weed together....14th July...watch this space!!) If I eat breakfast it's usually some toast an hour or so after I get up, but only if I'm at home. When I'm at work I take an early lunch instead.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jun 2004 11:33

breakfast! literally means what it says "Break your fast from the night before" Boy do I comply, love grilled bacon, toms, egg, nice strong cuppa two slices of toast.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jun 2004 11:44

I'm the same as Sarah, I can't eat first thing in the morning, always in too much of a rush to get to work anyway (ie, I don't get up early enough). A cup of tea is all I ever have during the week. On a Sunday I'll sometimes indulge in a full english, but that's always as brunch around 11ish (if we're eating "Sunday lunch" in the evening)

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Jun 2004 12:01

all these ladies,with their marmite!...fred,do you realise,your the only one of us that could kiss them....ime a walking dustbin,i can eat for wales,yet,ive been average build for last 25yrs...breakfast,bigger the better please,cumberland/lincs sausages,loads bacon,black pud,and a pile of scrammbled eggs,washed down,with two cups coffee...luvly jubbly.. best wishes....bryan.

Andy

Andy Report 18 Jun 2004 13:24

Two shredded wheat, two slices of toast and Marmite, plus one cup of coffee.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 18 Jun 2004 13:40

A cup of coffee and a fag

Lindy

Lindy Report 18 Jun 2004 13:55

Hi Margaret, Just old fashioned coffee as I cannot eat when I wake up. Lindy;-)

Mags

Mags Report 18 Jun 2004 14:04

It varies, always: a pot of tea, you lot, and a fag or two plus whatever I fancy at the time - I'm on granary toast and blackcurrant jam today! Love yoghurt, apples, weetabix, and on Sundays (the only day I get to eat breakfast with my husband) croissants and lemon curd - lush!