General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I ask a favour please?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 4 Jul 2004 19:56

I'm expecting a friend (Bobbie) for a meal and I am hoping later on to show her the ropes of genealogy i.e. web sites etc as she has shown an interest. Of course I will have to show her GR and thought it would be nice if a couple of you would mind saying hello, just to let her see how friendly everyone is. It will probably be 9.30 at least before we get on. Thanks in anticipation. Chris

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Jul 2004 19:58

Hiya Chrissie - sure we'll say hello to Bobbie - any subjects we shouldn't mention? like (well, you know what!) although the genealogy and evolution of the bodily part might be interesting to her! Jacqui

Lynda

Lynda Report 4 Jul 2004 20:13

Hi Bobby welcome to GR, one of the best sites around and the nicest of folks. If you get the genealogy bug this is definately the site to join, and you can have fun whilst your looking for your long lost rellies!! Enjoy your meal both of you Lynda

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 4 Jul 2004 20:16

JACQUI !!!!! Can't take you anywhere lolol!! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jul 2004 20:17

Hi Bobbie - welcome to the mad house - and the nicest bunch of peeps ever!!! Jude s wales

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Jul 2004 20:17

I know, but well...........if you cannot mention p.n.s what can you mention? Jacqui

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jul 2004 20:17

Hi Chrissie - hi Bobbie, nice to meet you and welcome to our madhouse otherwise known as GR!! Hope you enjoy it so much that you decide to join us yourself! Best wishes, Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jul 2004 20:22

hi bobbie...can you cook!!!! best wishes...bryan.

Sandra

Sandra Report 4 Jul 2004 20:23

hi bobbie we would love you to join us, for fun tears birthdays anniversarys sympathy and empathy, as well as happy hunting,for genealogy, so hop on board sandra

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Jul 2004 20:27

Hi Bobbie - hope you are enjoying yourself, and had a lovely meal. The people on this site are really very nice, polite and charming and we discuss needlework, macrame, cooking, pot-holing and other diverse subjects (not necessarily only genealogy, although I do remember that's why I joined!) Love to have you on board, especially if you are broadminded! Have a nice hol Chrissie Jacqui

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 4 Jul 2004 20:31

OH NO Jacqi, did I miss the needlework and macrame threads? LOL Welcome Bobbie, I'm sure you'll soon be as addicted to this site as the rest of us are. Christine

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Jul 2004 20:42

Well Jean and Christine, I DISTINCTLY remember someone talking about "putting a knot in it", so I assumed it was macrame!!! lol As for Pot-holing, well, there was that thread about "heads" or something, which (if you remember) I knew NOTHING about, so I assumed that was pot-holing!! lol Jacqui

Lynda

Lynda Report 4 Jul 2004 20:43

I am wondering what happened to the make your own lampshade thread, I still have an empty washing up bottle and some sticky back plastic at the ready!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jul 2004 20:44

hey jacqi,dont forget,we sometimes talk about food,but i dont usually have much to say on the subject lol. but dont worry girls,tomorrow is the first monday in the month,and its when i change my string vest! bryan.

Gerry

Gerry Report 4 Jul 2004 20:46

Hi Chrissie and Bobbie. I have only just come back after a gap coz of the lovely weather to find everyone as mad and helpful as ever. Good hunting.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Jul 2004 20:49

Brain, I did mention food - but would prefer it if you didnt at the moment, as I have just scoffed the last Mr Kiplings French Fancy and feeling decidely "piggy". As for your string vest, I dont think that Bobbie will want to know about that - we are trying to keep the tone up if you dont mind! lol ps -do you use the old one to strain the greens? Jacqui

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jul 2004 20:59

when i said its time to change my string vest...i just meant that i turn it inside out lol. bryan.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 4 Jul 2004 21:03

Now behave yourselves, the witching hour approaches and Bobbie and Chrissie will soon be on line - lets make sure that she knows we are as sane as ??? (well anybody really!!) and we are well-behaved intelligent adults who can discuss any subject under the sun, have varied views on current affairs, know quite a bit about genealogy, are willing to share our knowledge and are generally a right bunch of clever-dickies (oh no, I've done it again!!!) Morals police knocking at the door! Jacqui

Lynda

Lynda Report 4 Jul 2004 21:04

Brian, perhaps you could donate your old one to the macrame circle!! Trying to raise the tone somewhat!! ;-))

Fairy

Fairy Report 4 Jul 2004 21:06

Hi Bobbie & Chrissie, We are a friendly bunch on here. It's great if you have a problem, just send it in and people reply. It's like having an extra set of friends. Great, we all need mates. Jo.