General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

QUESTIONS FOR THE OTHER SIDE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Flossie

Flossie Report 18 Jul 2004 20:13

I am going to see a clairvoyant on Thursday night. I thought if we make a list of questions we want to ask our dear departed then I could put in in my bag and see if any questions get answered. you never know your luck. some of our rellies are bound to have a sense of humour.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 18 Jul 2004 21:54

Hi Gillian. Since James Mumford won't let me find his records the "normal" way, how about if you ask what county in England he came from and did he marry Susannah while still in England, or once he arrived in Canada. Or, did he ever really exist? :~) At any rate, I wish you the best of luck on Thursday. Hope you find out things about your ancestors.

Mags

Mags Report 19 Jul 2004 03:43

Nice one Gillian - If Ernest Higginson comes through ask him if he was my grandfather and if so - why did he leave my grandmother in the lurch??

Sally

Sally Report 19 Jul 2004 06:27

Hi Gillian, If my great grandmother Jane Wallbank comes through, Please could you ask why her father was George Spencer. Would love to hear how you get on though, please let us know.

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 19 Jul 2004 06:41

Gillian, If my g.grandfather Harry Locke comes through please ask him his date and place of birth! And why he's been hiding from me! I know just about everything else. Sally, I've got two George Spencers in my tree. Where's yours from?

Flossie

Flossie Report 19 Jul 2004 13:59

Keep them coming. I want to get my money's worth.

Debbie

Debbie Report 19 Jul 2004 14:20

Oh, this is brilliant I have always wanted to visit one of these. Please could you see if there is a Jack/ John Davis there. Where was he born in London and whatever happened where did he disappear to. Why is he hiding? Thanks Hope you have a lovely time. sounds exiting.

June

June Report 19 Jul 2004 14:33

Brilliant idea Gillian, I hope it works. I want to know why my grandfather changed his name from Stephen Muxlow to Stephen Harrison somewhere between 1861 and 1881.

Janet

Janet Report 19 Jul 2004 14:51

Hi Just in case my great grandfather Alfred George chooses to put in an appearence could you please ask him if he had 3 wives, two called Mary Ann (nos 1 & 3) and what happened to no 2 Elizabeth Elliott (my great grandmother) and was No. 3 the sister of No. 2. Bet he won't come through, or if he does he just will laugh and say something like "Got you fooled" Thanks Janet

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 19 Jul 2004 14:52

Thanks for this Gillian, could you ask my gt.grandfather if he was born 24/12/1877 and if his father was John and his mother Rebecca Coyle, all N.Ireland. Best of luck Tricia

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 19 Jul 2004 22:58

Hi Gillian If my nan Alice porter nee Betts appears - could you get her to confirm her birth date please. Thanks Liz

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 20 Jul 2004 00:59

And you can tell John James Holden that he's too late, I just found him ten minutes ago, after a five year search.

Kevin

Kevin Report 20 Jul 2004 01:16

Dear Gillian Many Thanks for the offer, If a Gentleman called Samuell Norton (c1670 - c1730, Wiltshire) pops up could you ask if he came from Ireland. Also if a Lady called Ivy Ellen Norton nee Miller (1924 - 1949, London) appears could you say the family are back together after 55 years. And Oscar Norton (1866 - 1951) what happened to the family in the late 1920's? and whose the actor? And Lastly to Douglas Joseph Norton (1920 - 1985) We miss you and where are your cousins? Once again Many Thanks Kevin Heres Hoping

Flossie

Flossie Report 21 Jul 2004 09:02

Come on folks just one more day to go so keep the questions flowing

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2004 09:10

Hi Gill, Elaine ere ! please could you ask .. exactly who the 'Twin Boys' are ?? I went to a medium last year and everything she said is 100% .. apart from twin boys .. not found them .. exactly. My James Shawcross ( Auctioneer !) well, I have a Pedigree Book on Shawcross's .. on one of the tree's there are twin brothers James & William Shawcross born 1786. This would fit very nicely will James who died 1829 aged 40ish .. who has a William on his letter of Administration ! BUT CAN I PLEASE HAVE PROOF that MY James is this very same one !!!!! You KNOW how desperate I am !! See you soon !(Hopefully - but not sure) Elaine :-)

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 21 Jul 2004 09:15

hi gillian could you ask my grandad albert roberts where he was in 1901 and who is b****y father was please lol susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jul 2004 09:20

Is it a Clairvoyant your seeing or a Medium ? Mediums tend to conect with the other side .... Clairvoyants see into the future. Had a Clairvoyant come here to the house for a group meeting. £20 each. It was brilliant, till we all found out we had had the same reading, just worded differently ! The medium I went to was out of this world. Absolutely everything she said was true, mentioned names I'd never heard of .. have since done my family tree and found everything she mentioned to the letter ...apart from twin boys ! I really hope you enjoy yourself ... we're going to a pub next month for the second time .. went last month, our table was the ONLY table not to get a reading !! ... I hope that next time he will zoom in on me and answer all my unanswered questions !! ... about my family tree of course ! Elaine :-)

Cathy at the Top of the Hill

Cathy at the Top of the Hill Report 21 Jul 2004 11:54

Oh OK!! I would like to know about a Thomas Somerford b 1790 Canterbury. This is as far back as I can go and it's been tough with all the Thomas's Henrys and Harrys duplicated all over the place.! His wife was apparently Ann Welby - Good luck & we'll all be interested to know how it went...! Cathy ~~

Winifred

Winifred Report 21 Jul 2004 12:24

Gillian - Could you ask a question for me ?? My Aunt, Rachel Keane (nee Canterbury) died in Kensington, London in 1968 - I would love to know where she is buried, so I can visit her grave. I have contacted some cemeteries in London, but no trace as yet. Let us know what she tells you - all the best. Thanks Win xx

Flossie

Flossie Report 21 Jul 2004 12:38

Elaine Hi. He is a medium but calls himself a clairaudient which means he can hear voices. He is very good and has brought my dad thru who told me something I didnt know. Had to check with my Husband that it was correct. I have seen him about 5 times and have read both his books. his name is Steve Holbrook and is from Leeds. Will put in theses questions in my bag and see what happens. Perhaps your twins will come thru. hope to see you on the 10th let me know. Gill xx