General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Limericks

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 19 Jul 2004 22:39

Anyone know some good ones?? Perhaps we can push the 'offending' thing to the limit with this topic, but let's start off with a 'clean' one. There was a yound lady from Leeds, Who swallowed a packet of seeds. In less than an hour Her face was a flower And her body was covered in weeds.

Bob

Bob Report 19 Jul 2004 23:35

A limerick should always be rude. The ladies all type in the nude On Genes Reunited The men are delighted, It’s no place to be for a prude

Annie

Annie Report 19 Jul 2004 23:46

I hear Bob told his very best buddy GC ladies all type in the nuddy When I tried typing starkers Hubby laughed at my carcass And ran laughing out of the study

Annie

Annie Report 19 Jul 2004 23:48

And my favourite oldie There was a young lady from Tottenham Who'd no manners or else she'd forgotten 'em At tea at the vicars She tore off her kn*ckers Because she explained she felt hot in 'em

Bob

Bob Report 19 Jul 2004 23:49

Phillip Jones started off with a limerick A flowery ditty he nicked Was he ever in Leeds A sowing his seeds And showing young ladies his D***?

Annie

Annie Report 19 Jul 2004 23:52

I think this topic has potential To become rapidly quite offent-ial When we get long past forty Our thoughts become naughty Jean Paul Sartre became quite existential

Bob

Bob Report 20 Jul 2004 00:05

The yeomen of England are ready To defend intellectual property “existence is prior to essence” Is a load of frenchified nonsense The English prefer something pithy

Annie

Annie Report 20 Jul 2004 00:16

Bob! I think that your end state of rhyming Is strong not on rhyming but timing Let's consider Descartes Cogito thus I art Can't beat Frenchmen for philosophising (oops sorry challenged by my own rhymes there)

Annie

Annie Report 20 Jul 2004 00:21

There was a young lady....tut, tut! So you think you are in for some smut Some five lined crescendo Of lewd innuendo? Well, you're wrong. This is anything but. ack http://www.guernsey.net/~poetry/Alimarch.html

Bob

Bob Report 20 Jul 2004 00:23

My ditties are ever so witty I think it’s just such a pity I need lots of red wine To make my rhymes rhyme When I’m sober I can’t make them lit’ry (Off to bed now.... hic!)

Annie

Annie Report 20 Jul 2004 00:30

I'm sad you admitted defeat And succumbed to the call of bed sheet I hope now that it's over You don't wake hungover Cos limericks are very neat

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 20 Jul 2004 00:41

There was a farmer from Leeds, Who ate six packets of seeds, It soon came to pass, He was covered with grass, And he couldn't sit down for the weeds! Liz

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 20 Jul 2004 05:07

There was a young woman named Bright Whose speed was much faster than light. She set out one day In a relative way, And returned on the previous night. Liz

Fee

Fee Report 20 Jul 2004 08:42

The girl stood on the buring deck her lips were all a quiver she gave a cough her leg fell off and floated down the river. (a school one!!)

Bob

Bob Report 20 Jul 2004 20:17

There was a young man called Des Cartes Who suffered from terrible farts He’d accept nothing as true Though the air had turned blue He created intellectual chaos

Bob

Bob Report 20 Jul 2004 20:24

There was a young lady called Fee Instead of two t*ts she had three She looked near and far To find her a bra Though they are perky as ever could be

Annie

Annie Report 20 Jul 2004 20:42

Bob's hangover's over I guess Though his rhymes are still a terrible mess To get his rocks off he Scoffs at French philosophy But the red wine is OK? Bob .. confess!

Bob

Bob Report 20 Jul 2004 20:46

There was a young lady from Frome In Somerset that was her home Her name rhymed with randy Which was ever so handy When you are making up lines for a poem

Bob

Bob Report 21 Jul 2004 19:03

In Essex a lady called Jo To France she thought she would go elle ne parle pas français in the Pas de Calais So she landed in Westward Ho

Bob

Bob Report 25 Jul 2004 00:14

There was a young lady called Price And everyone thought she was nice But those in the know Knew how she could go Her knickers came down in a trice