General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My new car!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 27 Jul 2004 17:20

I just got me a car, all of my own! LOL. Peugeot 206 1.4 GLX, 5 dr, automatic, silver, 26000 miles, 5 years old.... just £3200. Not many small automatics about. Shame though... I can't pick it up a week tomorrow, I have to work!! Chloe

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 27 Jul 2004 17:39

LOL.... actually nothing comes to mind!

Geoff

Geoff Report 27 Jul 2004 17:59

Hmmm ... LOL has a certain je ne sais quoi!

badger

badger Report 27 Jul 2004 20:17

chloe it sounds as though you have yourself a lovely little low milage car,how about a competition to decide her name? Fred.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 20:52

Chloe - you MUST give you new car a name. My little Corsa is called CHRISTINE, because she does have a mind of her own, and has been known to try to mow down the odd unsuspecting pedestrian! Go on, give her a name - how about Barbara? that's a nice one Jacqui

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:02

Jacqueline - how could you - are you suggesting that anything named Christine would be prone to running over people LOL Chrissie

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 21:06

Ever read the book by Stephen King "Christine"? nothing personal girls - lol Jacqui

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:11

No, but I remember the series. What I remember is how sleek and mysterious she was. Just like me of course! NOT.:))))LOL - Chrissie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:13

Anyway Chloe, sorry for the deviation. Can we have a competition please and you choose the one that you like best. Chrissie

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 21:13

Where do you live Chrissie - just so that I know not where to drive - my Christine has a will of her own at times!! lol Jacqui

Fee

Fee Report 27 Jul 2004 21:17

Hi Chloe, Congrats on your new car! we have had several names for our cars,Bess was the first then there was biddy and tess and we havent decided on a name for our new one yet.Needless to say they are all female names but the affection usually changes when something goes wrong and they are called the same thing then which i cant really mention here but has five letters,starts with B and ends with H! Good luck with it and Happy Motoring!!

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:17

Heronridge Jacqui - so obviously NOT posh. Now you seem to be suggesting that I'm a terrible driver. I might take offence or even a hedge!!!LOL Chrissie

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 21:19

Peugeot - French - something sexy then! Claudine, or Francoise (depending on the sex) as its Silver (colour) could call it Tonto - as in Hey Ho Silver, Away PW - an abbreviation might be good (youngsters like abbreviations) Passion Waggon. MF - My first (car) AM - All mine (well, perhaps the bank's also?) Any more suggestions? Jacqui

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:21

Sorry Chloe - we seem to have taken over your thread and I really do feel pleased for you. I remember what it's like when you get your first car, so exciting. It sounds like a real bargain too. Enjoy HER, I know you will. Chrissie

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 27 Jul 2004 21:23

Thanks everyone! Christine..... scary car!! As for the suggestions I like the idea of something French sounding. I know a Claudine so not that name. Any more French names? Anyone have French ancestors? (My surname is supposed to be French but not found out where and when yet). I have the surname DuSolei/Du Soleil in my tree.... how about Soleil, or is it too girly? Chloe PS It's a silver car - HATE red cars!! LOL

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:24

It's Silver Jacqui - so how about Belle (for silver bells) Chrissie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Jul 2004 21:25

Soleil is lovely. Doesn't it mean sun. What's wrong with being girly. Chrissie

Margaret

Margaret Report 27 Jul 2004 21:26

Chloe You will love her i have a Peugeot 205 5 doors yes colour Red i call her the red devil have had her for 3 years Hope you have many happy years driving her. Margaret

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 27 Jul 2004 21:27

L'argent - that's french for silver isnt it? L'argent de Chloe sounds french enough for me. Jacqui

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 27 Jul 2004 21:39

Argh!! So many names. Thanks everyone. I like Belle. As for my christian name, it's not actually French! It sounds it but it's actually Greek (some demi god). Go figure! Belle is really cute too.... reminds me of the Disney film Beauty and the Beast, one of my favourites (big Disney fan). Chloe