General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TV Ads you just HATE!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 29 Jul 2004 18:39

The one I really loathe is the insurance ad with Michael Winner! ARRRGHHH!

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 29 Jul 2004 18:41

The one about air fresheners for loos, I don't want to know about smelly bathrooms when I'm eating my dinner. Sue

Jane

Jane Report 29 Jul 2004 18:41

The really wierd ones for banks but you never know what or who they are advertising! But I love the latest one for beans. Jane

Jojo

Jojo Report 29 Jul 2004 18:43

Isn't it about time someone invented a tv where you could opt not to have any adverts . They're all rubbish, and normally the programmes are shorter than the ads.

syljo

syljo Report 29 Jul 2004 18:43

Sue in Kent, But............ you don't have to watch tv whilst you're eating, or do you? Sylvia

Melba64

Melba64 Report 29 Jul 2004 18:45

The anti smoking ones. A bit traumatic and I don't smoke anyway. I especially didn't like the one with all the fat coming out of the cigarettes. Eurgh!!!!!! Mel

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 29 Jul 2004 18:48

Sylvia, No I don't, but I do!! Sue

Linda

Linda Report 29 Jul 2004 18:50

I do too!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Jul 2004 18:56

And me !

Angela

Angela Report 29 Jul 2004 18:58

The Michael Winner ads, anything by Carol Vordemann offering financial services, Direct Line (want to smash that telephone with wheels with a large hammer), the car insurance one with the bulldog that pretends to be Derek Guyler, and especially any advertisements that entice children to buy sweets/junk food by linking products to cartoon characters - totally underhand and dangerous profiteering at the expense of my kids' health. Angela

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 29 Jul 2004 18:58

Any of the 'Halifax' ones - they get zapped immediately!

Angela

Angela Report 29 Jul 2004 18:59

Mel That advert with the fat in ciggies was powerful, but I believe it is the most effective anti-smoking advert ever. If seeing that saves one life, it is worthwhile. Angela

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 29 Jul 2004 18:59

All thos nappy and kandoo ads - they are NOT cute anymore!! Grown ups ( some celebs ) doing childish voice overs. Oh Please!! Take 'em off my TV please!!!!!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Jul 2004 18:59

I hate the ones which are for cancer research. The little boy looking in the mirror & seeing his mum, who has died... makes you think...If only I can look into that mirror & for a moment see someone ive lost....it makes me want to cry... Elaine x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Jul 2004 19:01

oooooooh Lynda........

Wee Scottish Lass

Wee Scottish Lass Report 29 Jul 2004 19:01

The Va Va Voom advert really annoys me. Oh, and I watch tv as well when eating, mostly cause the news is usually on at the same time! Eileen

Melba64

Melba64 Report 29 Jul 2004 19:05

Angela. I agree. I am anti-smoking and know people who have tried to give up but don't seem to be able to. The ads are important if they help people to quit. I just find them a bit graphic. Mel

Dawn

Dawn Report 29 Jul 2004 19:10

What about them annoying, 'elephant . co.uk' adverts that sell car insurence. Dawn

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 29 Jul 2004 19:22

'whats the french for VA Va Voom'.!!! I love the ad for the damn drink(forgotton its name)..from the latin quarter.. The one where the train goes and leaves the guy with the drinks trolley,,,then the gorgeous flash geezer appears and lots of dancing and cavorting takes place,,,, He is soooooo yummy,,squeeze my lemon anytime,!!! And I eat and watch tv at the same time.....all the best people do it,,!

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 29 Jul 2004 19:33

I just hate Michael Winner full stop ! ! !