General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Favourite Meal?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 29 Jul 2004 19:31

As I sit here eating an almost full English, I wondered what my fellow GR member's favourite meal is. What an exciting mind I have. Mine is Chicken St. Jaques, delicious! Yours?

Sue

Sue Report 29 Jul 2004 19:37

I have just finished my all time favourite meal. Two fried eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans and toast. You can keep all your 'posh nosh' give me egg and bacon anytime! Sue

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 29 Jul 2004 19:39

A lovely roast dinner with all the trimmings - beeff/Pork/lamb I don't mind love it ALL

Susanne

Susanne Report 29 Jul 2004 19:39

Mine has got to be eel in parley liquor mmmmmmmm, haven't had that for years though because we cannot seem to get eels where I live now :-((( Sue:-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2004 19:57

I love food! I can't pick a favourite so here goes: if I'm cooking it myself - either chili con carne, or a stir-fry with prawns, celery leaves, red peppers. if it's my mum, her roast lamb & onion sauce if its a restaurant - probably char-grilled swordfish as for puddings, don't get me started...

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 29 Jul 2004 19:58

Got to be roast beef with all the trimmings. Sue

badger

badger Report 29 Jul 2004 20:18

Jacket potatoes ,with a crisp skin,with any filling ,plus side salad .Fred.

Anne

Anne Report 29 Jul 2004 20:26

Some of my favourite food - Champ, cabbage and crispy bacon Chicken rice and peas steak and mushroom pie with puff pastry really thick gravy mash and loads of veg mmmmn.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 29 Jul 2004 20:45

Egg and chips with mustard gravy as cooked by my mum, beats Gordon Ramsey any day, plus she doesn't swear. Liz

bridan

bridan Report 29 Jul 2004 20:51

My favourite is a dish called Callcannon, a favourite in Ireland when I was a girl (many, many years ago) It's made with curly kayle, mashed spuds, salt and pepper with lashings of butter and served with a fried egg. Oh!! yum yum. Bridget x

Melba64

Melba64 Report 29 Jul 2004 21:20

Anne. I like Chicken, rice and peas too. I used to like Akee and Saltfish until I got a bone stuck in my throat. Put me off for life! Favourite meal is bangers and mash with baked beans. yummy!!!! Mel

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Jul 2004 22:04

oooo crispy duck with all the trimmings yumyumyum

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 29 Jul 2004 22:09

Just love roast beef, roast and boiled spuds, roast parsnips, peas, carrotts, yorkshire pudding. lots of gravy. also like vindaloo, onion bhajee, Liz

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 29 Jul 2004 22:58

Champ is Irish Mash Slice spring onions up and boil in milk - do spuds normal way, drain and mash wup with the milk and spring onions , dish up on plate and make a well in the middle and add a rather large knob of butter. It was the first thing my daughter learnt in H.E last year and being English in Ireland it seemed odd at first - but bloomin tasty lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2004 23:10

ime one of those people,who will eat anything put in front of him...cant add to that,cos when ime hungry,the next meal,is my favourite. bryan.

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 29 Jul 2004 23:41

Either roast beef and yorkie puddings with all the trimmings!!! OR Haggis, neeps and tatties!! wonderful!! Jill x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Jul 2004 00:57

Hi Daniel my fave is chinese mushroom curry, special fried rice. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Elaine x

Mags

Mags Report 30 Jul 2004 06:41

Homemade steak pie, spuds and swede mashed with butter and black pepper. Irish stew with a chunk of crusty bread. Toad in the Hole - especially when served with cabbage. Jacket potato topped with grated cheese, salad and lots of Branston pickle. I just like food lol I feel really hungry now !! Magsx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 30 Jul 2004 06:47

smoked haddock with spuds and caulilfower with cheese sauce pus lots of other veg otherwise a McDonalds...lol fillet of fish yummy.......

badger

badger Report 30 Jul 2004 07:47

Bridgit ,that sounds lovely ,and i love kale .any chance of the recipe please? Fred.