General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My article I was telling you about

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 16:39

Just to let you know I have been accepted to write the article by the editor of Your Family Tree Magazine. Best start writing. I don't know whether I'll be able to include you Judith by the Seaside, sorrrrrry.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jul 2004 16:44

what is the article about? I must have missed the discuaaion, but i will look out for the article as I always read the magazine. Ann Glos

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 30 Jul 2004 16:46

HI DANIEL Iam so pleased you have been accepted to write the article. I will be waiting to read it,please let us know when it will be published,then we can all buy the magazine. good luck sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 16:46

Daniel Careful what you say, I have informed my libel lawyers! (Only joking). Good luck I look forward to reading more insults about my age. Helen

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 16:53

Hi Ann, It's going to be about youth and genealogy. Reasons for an increased participation in the hobby by younger generations.

Jane

Jane Report 30 Jul 2004 17:15

I am only 12 - okay I mean in mind. I am secretary of my local family history society and we have a son & father who joined this year. They come to all the meetings. Son is about 11/12 and he is the first young persn I know to show such an interest in genealogy. One of my grand daughters who is 10 shows promise though. I have taken her to the local library and she was really impressed with finding her birth and her Mum's in the GRO index. She wanted to have a go at finding more but we had no time. So now I will have to make time in the school holidays and give her the list! Jane

Felicity

Felicity Report 30 Jul 2004 17:17

MANY congratulations, Daniel, I'm so pleased for you, and look forward to reading the end result, if possible. Are you hoping to make writing/genealogy a career when you leave school, or do you have other plans? Congratulations again!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jul 2004 17:19

did I read somewhere about schools discouraging lessons involving family history for fear of upsetting thos who were adopted, came from split families etc? I am sure I did. How sad! My eldest Grandchildren loved the lessons when they had to find out all about their grandparents life stories. Ann glos

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jul 2004 17:22

Hope you are reading all responses to your Members' ages? Joy

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 17:22

About myself, right, Was born July 13th 1988 (not on the friday luckily) Left school a few months ago after taking GCSES. Should get best marks in English, failed Maths for sure, should be ok on everything else. Going to college in September to study Geography, English and I.T After that hope to go onto to uni and do politics. Then get on local council and then if I can find the time have a go at being primeminister.

Felicity

Felicity Report 30 Jul 2004 17:31

Aha! I removed the bit in my reply asking about you, Daniel, as I thought in retrospect that it was a) a bit cheeky - yes, being 'cheeky' doesn't stop when you get older, and b) that you wouldn't have the time anyway. I can't have been quick enough and you must have spotted it, so thanks for the insight. I'll be surprised if you don't do well in your GCSE's and beyond and I'll look out for you on the political circuit. :-) I try to keep up with the news from this distance, but it can be a bit difficult, so keep us posted, huh?

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jul 2004 18:17

I served on parish / town councils 1983 - 2003, Daniel, and my father served the community on Beckenham Borough Council 1947 - 1951. I decided to 'stand down' to let someone younger have a go .. has someone younger 'had a go'?! No. Probably they don't have the time (irony there). Hope you enjoy whatever you do. Joy

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 30 Jul 2004 18:21

I started becoming interested in genealogy when I was 14 (1997). I knew no one else who was interested, and so researched it on my own. We didn't have the internet, we didn't have it at school either.... it's the same for the older people here interested in it, but I find myself thinking, that it would have taken a long time to go as far as I have gone WITHOUT the internet. Anyway, well done on being accepted Daniel! I hope you get good results for your GCSEs too. Chloe

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 18:24

Congratulations Daniel - look forward to reading it:o)) Jude s wales

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 18:29

Slow down Lynda! I have to write it first. He says he's away for 2 weeks so i have a fortnight to write about 650 words.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 18:45

now if it was about food,i could write it for you in ten minutes lol....anyhow,well done daniel. bryan.

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 19:57

Is it ok by eveyone if i use little snippets from their responses for the mag? There are is one i like in paticular by Felicity Stryjak. Thanks

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 30 Jul 2004 20:10

Well done Daniel look forward to reading it. Chrissy.X

Felicity

Felicity Report 30 Jul 2004 20:23

It's certainly ok with me, Daniel. I'm very flattered that you would consider such a thing.

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 22:21

I liked your words on immortality. Thanks for the help.