General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

who would you like to have a one to one with and w

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 16:55

who would you like to have a one to one with and why.they can be dead or alive.

Daniel

Daniel Report 30 Jul 2004 16:57

An early ancestor of course. Imagine what info they could provide that we'll never know.

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 16:58

yeah we wouldn't need genes reunited then .

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Jul 2004 17:01

Never mind the early ancestor, I'm sure some of us would like to chat to someone not quite so far back. Mine would be my Husbands Grandparents to ask if they ever got married and if so had she been married before (so that I am looking for the right names). If so when and where would do nicely thank you. Cheers - Chrissie

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2004 17:10

It would have to be George Clooney!!!!! Not quite sure how he compares to Simon Cowell but there you go. But I would love to go back and talk to the rellies, especially my Gran's parents as we can't seem to find a marriage for them!!! Also on my Gran's side the family travelled up from Susex to Kent as timber carriers and would love to watch from the sidelines on their day to day lives. Julie xx

Christine2

Christine2 Report 30 Jul 2004 17:12

Must have been hard work travelling from Sussex to Kent with logs on your back - SORRY couldn't resist LOL Chrissie

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Jul 2004 17:12

Tom Hanks. Loverly!. Jo

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 17:19

If it was a relative, I would want to speak to my illegitimate great grandmother, Ruth Barnes. Her mother died when Ruth was 5 and she was brought up with her grandparents. She moved to the Norfolk Broads and raised a family of 10 children, only one of whom died as a child. She was a formidable woman who wouldn't hesitate to correct the vicar in church if he misquoted the Bible, and insisted that none of her children would be fishermen as it was too dangerous. But she might be a bit scary...so I'd also like to meet Margaret Forster. I enjoy her books and I'm sure she could pass on lots of tips about organising research - I say this as at the moment I have files, loose papers, photocopies, notebooks scattered all over the sitting room floor! If I had to choose a man, it would be my dad. He's been dead for 14 years now and I miss him more and more. Not to mention all the family history questions I could ask him. Helen

Joy

Joy Report 30 Jul 2004 17:20

My Mum and my Dad, because I love them very much. And then Elvis, my no 1 hero. Joy

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 17:24

joy i agree with elvis.to have a following like he did and a talent was quite remarkable.long live the king!

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 17:24

joy i agree with elvis.to have a following like he did and a talent was quite remarkable.long live the king!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 30 Jul 2004 17:27

my great grandad peter titlow i'd ask him where he disappeared to for 50 years from 1830 to 1881. or my dad who died in 1967 he would have most of the info i needed to find my half-sisters. sue

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Jul 2004 17:28

Actually I forgot, but I'd like to ask my grandmother why she felt it necessary to tell me stories about herself that were not true. It's taking me a long time to unravel these mysterys. Jo.

Mags

Mags Report 30 Jul 2004 18:19

Tony Blair - I'd ask him what he's on !! If I could get a few more words in edgeways I'll ask him about his selective hearing - he certainly doesn't listen to his electorate any more! Mags

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 30 Jul 2004 19:11

Loads of people, including ancestors, it would clear up a few mysteries! I think, though, that I would love to chat to Winston Churchill to try to find out what made him tick!

Steph

Steph Report 30 Jul 2004 19:24

Could I have 5 minutes with Anthony Keidis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, just enough time to convince him that I'm the perfect woman for him? Steph ;-))))

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2004 20:06

definitely,my mam jones,as a toddler sitting on her knee,she would constantly tell me,that a relative of mine,had moved to america,and owned a car business,and that one day,all his wealth would be mine...that was in the late 50s,and ive never forgotten...so i would like to ask her,who my relative is lol. bryan.

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Jul 2004 21:19

Good for you Margaret. I think it's mainly because he plays such different characters in each of his films. He's a terrific actor. I'd love to chat to him. Move over Rita Wilson! Jo.

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Jul 2004 21:23

margeret,i'm so sorry to drag up your past.it must be so painful.i haven't seen my father for 13 years but that was my choice.he wants to see me but doesn,t know how to approach the me for fear of rejection.i can't comment about what happened in your life and i am not making excuses for your mum but she probebly feels ashamed and unable to contact you.theres no excuse for leaving your children behind and i hope in her heart she realises that.take care my thoughts are with you lisax

Angela

Angela Report 30 Jul 2004 21:24

My great-grandfather, Henry Albert Whatley. He wasn't famouse and wasn't rich but is a fascinating man. He was born in Wilts, became a footman in London, married, became a master grocer/parish clerk/sexton/overseer/secretary of local social club/churchwarden/church cleaner/subpostmaster.... in a small community in Kent. He seems to have fitted in so much to his life while I struggle holding down one job and looking after my family. Was he one of life's movers and shakers, or did he do it all at the expense of his nearest and dearest (he lost two very young sons very close together yet didn't seem to miss a step in his various parish commitments)? I would love to find out more of what lay beneath the surface of his life. Angela