General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any southerners out there.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Aug 2004 15:41

do we have anymore people from the south of england on the site would love to hera from you.i live in southsea in hampshire right near the sea and astones throw away from the isle of wight.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Aug 2004 15:58

I've got friends in Farlington, Portsmouth, does that count?

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Aug 2004 17:12

yeah that counts helen.

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Aug 2004 17:14

hi brighton born and bred, have lived in southsea, crawley and canterbury beofre settling here just outside maidstone.i love it here but i do miss the sea air. lol sandra

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 2 Aug 2004 17:18

hi im in totton nearer new forest side than southampton and all my relatives on my mums side came from cadnam minstead and copythorne. karen

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Aug 2004 17:27

Yes, if I go a short distance from home I can see France on a clear day. I was born in Portchester, not too far from Portsmouth and Southsea, so I guess I'm a double Southerner.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 2 Aug 2004 17:30

Live in Liss, Hampshire but from Gillingham, Kent originally.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 2 Aug 2004 18:35

Hi Lisa, i also live in southsea. what a geat day today--just got back from the beach, karen

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 4 Aug 2004 20:42

Hi Lisa I'm here in Havant. There has to more of us about. Malcolm

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 4 Aug 2004 20:56

im in bucks,so im a southerner lol not near the sea though:(:( susie

Joy

Joy Report 4 Aug 2004 21:10

We live near the New Forest, and I work in Bournemouth. Joy

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 4 Aug 2004 22:09

Born in Bucks lived in London 16 + years now live in Brighton. I'll end up in the sea if I go any further south! Sheila

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Aug 2004 22:11

I think i class my self as a Southerner born in Dover live in Ramsgate five minute walk to see the sea and i too can see France on a clear day Margaret

Jane

Jane Report 5 Aug 2004 08:20

Hi Lisa I live in Gosport, so i live quite close to you. Never know we might bump into each other one day. Jane

badger

badger Report 5 Aug 2004 09:53

As i was born in bucks i think i can claim to be a southerner,loads of others out there too but they must be shy ,or on holiday.Ahem,Terri, that only puts us in the home counties NOt the north of england lol.Fred.

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Aug 2004 12:21

thats alright terri. your southeast which is near and we are all friends on herex

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Aug 2004 12:22

nice to hear from my southern g.c pals any more out there?

Pam

Pam Report 5 Aug 2004 13:20

Hi Lisa, I was born in Brighton, moved to Crawley at the age of 18 months in 1954 and moved to Nottinghamshire in 2000. Notts is OK but it isn't Sussex. Pam

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Aug 2004 17:21

no you can't beat the south of england.used to live in hertfordshire for twelve years and got homesick.came back to southsea abd would never move again.

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Aug 2004 17:28

baz do you miss it.even though wales is lovely.