General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

peter kay,pure genius.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2004 22:24

ive just been watching him,live in manchester...NO SWEARING,NO FILTH...just very very funny...whot do you think? bryan.

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 4 Aug 2004 22:26

Bryan, have you just seen the gag about the cardboard in the party poppers. Just nearly peed myself laughing - its so true, they do look like pound coins lol. Sheila x

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2004 22:32

there is a certain innocence about him isnt there - you could take your gran to see him without fear of embarrassment

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 4 Aug 2004 22:34

Hi She, he is so funny, i love pheonix nights. Hubby has just stomped up to bed cos BB is back on lol

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 4 Aug 2004 22:36

hiya he lives about 10 mins drive from me seen him in the docs with his baby and a couple of weeks ago he was filming in our local butchers with a live pig.Before that he was in safeway early doors top bloke

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2004 22:41

it was the dancing ! he got that spot on! hehehehehe - I had an uncle danced like that!

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 4 Aug 2004 22:43

Think that's what makes him so funny - you can always think of someone he reminds you of lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2004 22:52

if you didn't see it...there was a lady in the audience,who was standing up dancing along,from a distance,she looked a bit like vera duckworth...the whole audience must have left feeling really happy,cos thats how it made me feel. bryan.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Aug 2004 23:19

You can get this show on VD (DVD) although it's filmed at Bolton. It's called Live at the Bolton Albert Halls. He's also got another equally brilliant VD called Live at the Top of the Tower. Can you tell I'm a fan! lol Jeanette

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Aug 2004 23:24

fantastic!!!, have got the cd, slightly different and more footage!!, luv PK, my sence of humour!

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 4 Aug 2004 23:25

Watched Peter Kay tonight couldn't stop laughing . he really must study people and their actions . Like me I bet all of you if your truthful could identify yourself in his act I know I could especially the bit about New York New York at weddings . I did a lovely dance to it complete with hat & stick plus kicks and I was the Brides mother who should have behaved properly Bren

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2004 23:42

ime the same,when YMCA comes on,i have to get up,i know the group is gay,but the music just gets me wanting to dance. danny boy,brought back wonderful memories of irish boxer barry mcguigan,whe before the fight,his dad would get in the ring,and sing..danny boy..and no matter where in the world it was the crowd would go hushly silent,and listen to his great voice. bryan.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Aug 2004 23:43

Bren I'm the one who does the dance to get to the dance floor! lol Jeanette

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 4 Aug 2004 23:47

i also watched it, he is just so fantastic and funny, i could watch him all night, i would love to go to one of his shows! chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Aug 2004 23:52

hey jeanette, its getting spooky,do you think he comes on here,and reads our posts lol....he seems to have got us lot off to a tee...even down to lynda,dancing in the audience lol.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 5 Aug 2004 00:20

Brian It is a bit spooky isn't it? He's obviously a brilliant observationalist I love YMCA too. A few years ago my hubbys cricket team won their league and we had to go to a do with all the other league winners present. This venue had a staircase with flashing lights going along each tread. When they put YMCA on the whole team and their wives lined up on the steps doing the dance and getting sideways looks from everyone else. I've recently heard that they don't use this venue anymore. Such a pity as it looks like they're going to win again this year. I was quite looking forward to it! lol Jeanette

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 5 Aug 2004 09:04

I have had the privilege to work 3 Peter Kay shows and to meet and chat to him.When tickets went on sale for the 2nd 2 shows the switch board was on overdrive!!! and the whole shows were sold out in 4 hours He is the same nice guy off stage, he went to talk to his truck driver before coming into the building and had time to have a laugh with us all when he was backstage. Brilliant, natural, life observant guy Everyone must have seen the things he talks about....sharing reading glasses, dancing on the way to the dance floor, the D shaped man !!!!!! Rich tea againt hob nobs we all know hob nobs win !!!!! As you say pure genius. Jan

Steph

Steph Report 5 Aug 2004 09:09

I'm off to buy the video, because hubby missed it, & I know he will love it! He just summed up every wedding I've ever been to!! I loved the bit about Uncle Nobhead and his beige slip-ons, and the DJ who talks after every line in the songs, & the 3 ft grandma who leaves at 8pm. brilliant!!!! Oh, and I do the dance-walk to the dance floor, too!!!!

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 5 Aug 2004 09:18

I have to admit not only did I see everyone in my family in his act - but also saw myself ( it was the dance you do as you go upto the disco floor ) My husbands parents in their 70's are the couple with the answer phone ( hilarous) The phone ringing late at night is sooooooooooooooooo US lmao We do ALL that. "Who's that ringing AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT?" lol Even let it ring and then dial 1471 and as per number with held and then spend a sleepless night thinking who it was lmaooooo. The man was fantastically funny - but I don't like his Phoneix Nights : ( Best thing on TV for a very long time. Much happiness Debi

Fee

Fee Report 5 Aug 2004 09:41

Hi Brian, The man is pure genious and the best thing about it is that you can see aspects of yourself in what he talks about.We have all been there!