General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Torrential Rain!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 12 Aug 2004 13:57

I am in Bristol and it is teeming down- torrential rain!!! Anyone got any dry weather????

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Aug 2004 13:58

its lovely and sunny here in wycombe. we have had a couple of showers this morning but its still really hot you can keep the rain lol susie

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Aug 2004 13:59

No rain here at all today, warm and mostly sunny, except for a very light 5 minute shower, not even enough to put a coat on. Ann Glos

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Aug 2004 13:59

yes down in southsea blue skies but abit windy today.had showers earlier just had a long walk down the seafront.

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Aug 2004 14:01

nice here, some rather grey clouds though, still i don't mind the rain is refreshing, and it keeps the plants happy lol sandra

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Aug 2004 14:04

Sunny and Breezy on Wirral

Ann

Ann Report 12 Aug 2004 14:04

Ann in Glos- beware- I think it is heading your way!!!!

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 12 Aug 2004 14:06

In Whitby Ontario. I am absolutley sweating, even with the air conditioning on, but it my be a hot flush? the sky is blue not a bit of wind and I am on holiday yeahhh.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Aug 2004 14:07

it's dry here but no for long.. just heard a rumble...

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Aug 2004 14:09

Bright and sunny here in the south east corner after a wet start. Quite a few fluffy white clouds about though.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 12 Aug 2004 14:13

paul is that you chunks lmao i havent heard a rumble!! yet!!!! prpas its your tummy lmao susie

John

John Report 12 Aug 2004 14:23

Just started chucking it down here too. I'm glad I didn't do any washing this morning!

Trish

Trish Report 12 Aug 2004 14:25

Tipped down here (just south of you) about 11.30 this morning. It lasted for about an hour and the roads and pavements were flooded. Loads of thunder - it was great! :-)) Feels like it's still around as well so beware for later!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Aug 2004 14:26

yes it's me, how did you guess ? lol

Derek

Derek Report 12 Aug 2004 14:54

Light wisps of white in bright blue sky, 34°C in the shade, swimming pool 29°C, a 20 mph breeze, just to cool the skin, a pint (sorry, half litre) of cold San Miguel at hand, what else is there? Derek in France

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 Aug 2004 15:03

Derek Keep that nice weather for us we are over there in 10 days time for our holiday Margaret

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 12 Aug 2004 15:08

Hi Ann, I'm just back from a week camping up on Skye. The weather was fantastic Wed-Mon then the rain started. We had planned to move on somewhere else on Wed but the tent was absolutely drenched yesterday as we were taking it down, so we had to head for home. Usually we'd come back the A9 road via Perth but luckily we travelled back the West coast road. We heard later that there'd been a landslide due to the rain north of Perth with 8 cars buried in it. Thankfully I don't think anyone was seriously hurt but I'm so glad we didn't come that way. Today the rain is still teeming down here in Edinburgh, but it's so hot and clammy...yuch! Christine

Margaret

Margaret Report 12 Aug 2004 15:10

Terri Dont worry the weather will change when we get over there Margaret

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Aug 2004 15:11

Anne, still warm and sunny here, no rain yet, perhaps it has dropped it all on you. Lisa I envy you your walk along the front, I would love to be walking there now. My Mum and her sisters used to sit for hours on the promenade near the pier, or meet by tha canoe lake. i can remember being on the beach near the pier just after the war, Mum used to go up to the little cafe and bring a tray down to the beach, pots of tea, china cups, can't imagine it happening now!! Ann Glos

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Aug 2004 15:17

Oh memories Ann! I worked in the Prom cafe by the Rock gardens for one of my holiday jobs!