General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help! how do I impress a bloke whose mega brainy!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 12 Aug 2004 17:25

Hiya I'm going to a 30th birthday do on Saturday and apparently the bloke whose bday it is has got a brother my age - 1 month short of 31 but sush dont tell anyone! whose also single and apparently hes mega mega brainy. I've brought a sexy summer dress to wear, but if that doesnt have him begging for my telephone number has anyone got any hints of things that might work?, but please bear in mind my parents will also be at this party so nudity isnt an option :-) Anything appreciated as I have been single for way to long. Karen

Fairy

Fairy Report 12 Aug 2004 17:29

For a start don't try to impress, just be YOU and smile! Jo.

Rick

Rick Report 12 Aug 2004 17:42

Speaking as a bloke Karen, I can only echo what Jo said. If he's not impressed with you as you are naturally, then he's probably not worth the effort. And I'm sure your sexy dress will knock him out anyway lol. Rick.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Aug 2004 17:44

hi karen, they do say that opposites attract...but ime not sure of that...sometimes,they prefer someone with interlect,like themselves...have a look at the nassa site...its really great,and would be a good talking point...but the best advice is be yourself...karma...good luck. bryan.

Zoe

Zoe Report 12 Aug 2004 17:55

show an interest in him - ask questions about what he does/likes/hobbies etc and then ask more questions about his answers - even if its an "sorry I dont understan that - could you explain" if he's spent his whole time chatting away he'll not remember he was doing all teh talking but that the two of you spoke for ages about things he liked

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Aug 2004 19:13

just be yourself.i always find that works.

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Aug 2004 19:16

Of course you do Lisa. It worked on Paul

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Aug 2004 19:16

karen just be yourself, and have a great time, lol sandra

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Aug 2004 19:17

danial think i'll have to stop this or i'll get into trouble but theres a holiday at stake.have to put on the charm!

Shan

Shan Report 12 Aug 2004 19:18

Just being yourself without the front, dont try to be somthing your not Shan

badger

badger Report 12 Aug 2004 19:19

Panda to his ego ,most males can,t resist this,you know ,i wish i was half as clever ,or ,could you show me how to work this out please.you can soon see if he has taken the bait ,and when that happens,snap ,he is all yours.I only wish i was thirty years younger ,and one hell of a load smarter,i would gladly stand in for him ,lucky bloke.Fred.

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Aug 2004 19:20

karen you called always talk about football or my favourite game rugby.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Aug 2004 19:28

well said lisa...if hes really brainy,then he will be a rugger fan. bryan.

Lisa

Lisa Report 12 Aug 2004 19:31

are you a ruggers fan then brian?only watch rugby when england are playing.

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 12 Aug 2004 19:38

You need to read the American Rules. Definitely recommend them!

David

David Report 12 Aug 2004 19:57

Karen You've got me interested already, just thinking about this sexy summer dress phew!!, but you may be getting all excited and not like him unless you have already met?? i am getting this vision ( by your discription ) that he might wear great big hornrimmed glasses and recite mathematical equastions all night. If you really fancy him, be a little mysterious not to pushy, flutter your eye lashes smile and yes be yourself and occasionally a touch here and there, now now i mean on the arm or shoulder, that always did it for me. Good luck and lets have an update David

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Aug 2004 19:59

You sound quite the professional Dave. Have you got your own magazine column or something. :-)

David

David Report 12 Aug 2004 20:31

Daniel Hey what a good idea i could end up on the Tele, chance would be a fine thing, just put it down to experiance, sounds like i'm bragging now!! David

Daniel

Daniel Report 12 Aug 2004 20:35

I can see you now just lifting the collar of your leather jacket as you type.

John

John Report 12 Aug 2004 20:40

Can we all come and watch from a distance please? Do you know how he is mega brainy? What's his job, interests etc. Is he into family history? If you can find out, read up on the subject if it interests you too, then you'll have a good conversation rather than a monologue. Memorise some of the recent riddles that have been on this site - that'll get most people interested. We certainly want an update. Go armed and dangerous!