General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Site launch tomorrow

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 16 Aug 2004 17:34

We launching the new version of GR tomorrow (Tuesday Aug 17th) and will be taking Genes down at 7am for approximately 3 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience, however are excited to get the new site up for your use. So please bear with us tomorrow and check back later in the morning for the new version! Your understanding and patience is appreciated. Very best, Michelle

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 16 Aug 2004 17:37

michelle thats wonderful news im so excited now lol susie

syljo

syljo Report 16 Aug 2004 17:40

Michelle, May I wish you the best of luck in launching the new site. without any hitches. Will be too busy in the morning anyway, so will try and watch later. Cannot wait to see the new setup. Sylvia

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 17:40

well - I will tidy the living room up when the site is down - and maybe do the windows - they have been neglected for a while lol might even bake some scones - any one want to join me in having a coffee morning ?

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 16 Aug 2004 17:42

she i will!!! lol i get home from work at about 9.30 is that ok i suppose i could tidy up while im drinking:)

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Aug 2004 17:42

She' how do you get your scones light and fluffy? Mine are as hard as the knockers of hell,,

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 17:45

its a secret recipe claire - if I told you I would have to assassinate you :-)

Sandra

Sandra Report 16 Aug 2004 17:48

HI MICHELLE & TEAM i look forward to it, thanks for letting us know claire i can't make scones either, you could build a house with mine and it would last for centuries even packet mixes, i make nice bread though and my cakes are ok. lol sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 17:51

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, so I may not visit at all! But look forward to seeing the new site when its up and running.

Dedrah

Dedrah Report 16 Aug 2004 18:02

I,m sure it will be worth the wait tomorrow. I can't go on after 8.00 in the morning as the kids arrive about then, so it will be teatimesish before I can try it out. hopefully any gremlins that are luking will have been banished by then. All the best for the launch.Dedrah

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 16 Aug 2004 18:07

di i think youve got us summed up just perfectly lmao susie

Bob

Bob Report 16 Aug 2004 18:09

LOL Di Maybe the site should close down for 3 hours every day so that you ladies can get the house tidy for us and maybe even cook some dinner? Well that would be too much to ask, but a bit of hoovering and dusting would be good.... Now: How about a sweepstake for the first person to moan that they hate the changes? Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 18:18

Hi Bob, LOL, know what you mean!! Mandy :))

Sprack

Sprack Report 16 Aug 2004 18:19

just as long as I can access it with my tv internet, I cant get on friendsreunited only if I use my sons computer in his bedroom. jenny

June

June Report 16 Aug 2004 18:27

Hi Michelle. I'm looking forward to the launch. Good Luck! Di, you've given our secrets away, as if they hadn't guessed!

Philip

Philip Report 16 Aug 2004 18:57

Hello Michelle, Thanks for the news. Good luck, and I shall be watching the launch from the gallery at Cape Canaveral. She, please book me in for the coffee morning. I'm particularly partial to those little battenburg cakes. lol! Dab hand with the washing up too! Philip

valinkent

valinkent Report 16 Aug 2004 19:13

Look forward to the new site and Di how do you know so much about us british housewives? Iwish i could make scones anyone got a foolproof recipe? Good luck Michelle Val

Melinda

Melinda Report 16 Aug 2004 19:16

can't wait, iv'e booked my seat at the pc lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2004 19:22

I'd be very surprised if we lost our threads - they aren't changing the content, just the way we access it, it's a "front end" change.

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Aug 2004 19:22

Mmmm Suppose Tuesday was a good day to pick thats hubbys day off and i tend to keep off the computer just incase he wants to use it ,wonder what else i can find to do, Roll on Wednesday so i can have a look at the new site cant wait Margaret