General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unusual names for girls

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 23 Aug 2004 15:11

My daughter has just announced that I am to be a grandma again in march,,Im thrilled of course,,but she wants suggestions for unusual girls,,,fav at the moment is Angharad, Anyone out there with really unusual ones in there tree?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 23 Aug 2004 15:20

hi CONGRATULATIONS- nanny!!! its not really unusual but my little sister is called Ronni- Marie. My other sister is called Ruby- May I have always wanted to name my daughter Angel! -x-

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Aug 2004 15:21

When other people has asked this, I think Keziah is old fashioned, unusual and sounds good. Depends on the surname too.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 23 Aug 2004 15:25

i was going to call my little girl JAYAH After one of my midwives, we decided on CONNIE MAE instead Ex

Jane

Jane Report 23 Aug 2004 15:42

I have a daughter called Angela. But when I started tracing the tree I found an ancestor called Angelina. I much prefer that but at 29 my daughter won't change! Jane

Lisa

Lisa Report 23 Aug 2004 15:44

congratulations she is avery lucky girl.xx(:

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 23 Aug 2004 15:57

hi claire my daughter is called LIMARA(after a 70s body spray)lol my grand daughters are called a'ishah,saleemah,krystal,shania-jaide and jordan-jaide like you im going to be a nanny again in january i hope its a boy,as ive only got 2 grandsons lol they say they are out numbered,i cant think why lol congratulations anyway love susie

Janet

Janet Report 23 Aug 2004 16:10

A friend of mine called their daughter ERIN. I considered Briony and Imogen but ended up with Kirsten (which was quite unusual 13/14 years ago) Janet

Jean

Jean Report 23 Aug 2004 16:20

bronwen

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 23 Aug 2004 16:27

A friend called one of her daughters 'Liesl' - one of the kids from 'Sound of Music'!

Daniel

Daniel Report 23 Aug 2004 16:32

My sister's name is Tia. Forgot about that, I mean her. :-)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Aug 2004 16:43

Congrats to both of you grannies, 1 Of my grandaughters is called Torrance and her sister is called Summer,another grandaughter is called Dacoure. I'm with Daniel I LIKE Kezeiah only problem with this name it would get shortened to Kizzy. Sue

BrianW

BrianW Report 23 Aug 2004 16:46

I have a Damascene in my tree (early 1800s).

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 23 Aug 2004 21:01

Willoughby Praxadis Urith Mahala Kerenhappuch Zilpah You didn't actually ask for pretty names, did you? Do check the meanings, though. I rather like Mahala, but it means "barren". What mother in their right mind would saddle a daughter with that for a name? Brenda

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 23 Aug 2004 21:05

I have a Hermione in my tree - Harry Potter comes to mind! I also have an Adelaide in my tree - pretty name.

Sue

Sue Report 24 Aug 2004 08:07

I have a niece called Meriden. It is the name of a town in the centre of England. As she is the middle daughter, it turned out to be prophetic! I have 2 other nieces called Freya and Erin. Freya is more common now, but 19 years ago was a very rare name. I also know of girls called Chalace and Ocean and Shyan. My daughters have boring names - Katie and Gemma! LOL Sue

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 24 Aug 2004 08:47

What gorgeous unusal names,,,I love Summer and Briony,,,,funnily enough i have two Keziah's in my tree, Please keep them comming,,,its giving us a lot to think about,

Lynn

Lynn Report 24 Aug 2004 09:00

my daughters names are Rikki_lea aged 8 & Ashton Stevie aged 3

Theresa

Theresa Report 24 Aug 2004 09:03

Hello Claire, I have a nephew named Trian, and my grand daughter is called Shayla. In my tree i have a Brinley (male i think) and i found this name likable Ansaleas. Theresa Melb Aust

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 24 Aug 2004 09:18

My grt Grandmother was called GRIVINNA - It's a name I have not seen again in all my research . There have been the odd LAVINNIA'S . I have a great Aunt called HAZEL - I think it's loverly name. ELOISE is french and very few girls are named. KIARA is a good Irish name as is VILMA EVANGELINE is a sweet sounding name Some unusual names in my tree: Clementina Philidelphia Selina Elvina Ermina Euphemia Damarias Ethelinda Marioliliza Gypsy Cassendean Olittzza ( English ) Valli Esme ( English ) Griselda ( not very nice sounding ) Theodosia Rosetta Half the fun is picking a name : ) Congrats and all the very best Much happiness Debi