General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It would of been my dad's 50th birthday tomorrow

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 2 Sep 2004 13:26

I can't believe how time has flow since I lost my dad in a car accident, he was 44 at the time and to him then 50 was miles away, but had he survived he would of been that tomorrow and I can just imagine what he would of said "well I don't bloody feel 50!". I still miss him everyday but I am grateful that I can go to the crematorium and sit and remember him there, plus his name is in the book of rememberance, I just hope my sister and brother are going to come with me, they usually do because we're close and we need each other for support when it come's to anniversaries. Thanks for listening everyone I just needed to give him a mention Luv Alaina xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 13:30

sweetpea - he would be proud of you much love xx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 2 Sep 2004 13:45

Good luck for tomorrow sweetheart. We'll be here if you need us!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 13:49

Oh Alaina - its so good to talk about it and l know how you feel. Do hope your brother and sister go with you. l talk to my mum loads,can't visit the grave now its in Sussex, but found after 4 or 5 yrs l did'nt need to anymore - l can do my remembering anywhere if you know what l mean. Gawd my mum would have been 83 or 84 this yr!!!! Take care - are you settled after your move?? Jude sarf wales

Mags

Mags Report 2 Sep 2004 13:49

What a terrible thing for you to have had to go through I'll be thinking of you tomorrow xx You may have read a message on a thread which told of a family party in a cemetery to mark what would have been a special day in that person's life. I thought that was a beautiful gesture. Perhaps you could take a bottle and toast what would have been his special day too? It won't ease the pain but it may soften the blow of not being able to celebrate in life. Sorry if you find that suggestion tasteless, it's difficult to judge when you don't know someone personally - it's just an idea. Love and hugs Magsx

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 13:51

Alaina, I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your dad. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you love and hugs, Mandy xx

Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Report 2 Sep 2004 13:53

Love and Hugs to you darling, i cant imagine how id feel loosing a parent especially in an accident. im sure your dad is looking down on you all the time giving you his love and support of how you are coping with such an imaginable hurt. xxxxxxxx

Lindy

Lindy Report 2 Sep 2004 14:47

Alaina, Thinking of you! hugs Lindy

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 2 Sep 2004 16:03

I lost my Dad 24 years ago, but I still miss him! He would have been 80 this year. Love & Hugs, Sheila xx

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 2 Sep 2004 16:31

Thank you so much everybody for your support, it brought a tear to my eye. Mags I don't think that is a bad idea actually!!, When we went last year My sister was very heavily pregnant with my niece and she was born on the 8th, this year she'll be able to come with us so instead of the three of us it will be 4, my dad would of loved his grandaughter she's very mischievous like him!! I try to be strong for Michelle and Shaun when the aniversaries come round but in the end we all start crying when we're leaving the crem and it's usually Shaun that start's us off! and then we laugh and remember the good times we used to have with dad. I'll let you know how I got on, on Monday Alaina xxx

Mags

Mags Report 2 Sep 2004 18:34

Alaina - thank goodness for that - I thought I might have over stepped the mark! Big hug, Love Magsxx

Scooby's

Scooby's Report 2 Sep 2004 18:40

Hi The fact that you have remembered him shows how much you care, I lost my dad in January this year and it is c---, so many unsolved things, my love and thoughts are with you Janet

June

June Report 2 Sep 2004 18:41

Hi Alaina, I know how you feel, no words can ease it for you, I would have a glass to toast him with too. Love June xxxx

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 2 Sep 2004 19:04

Its 40 years since I lost my Mum she never saw any of my children and I miss her every day. However you remember your Dad tomorrow will be special to you. Love Linda x

Kim

Kim Report 2 Sep 2004 19:16

I understand how hard these milestones are...I have lost both my mum and dad now - dad 25 years ago when I was 12, and mum just over 3 years ago - and I think about them every day. My mum would've been 65 in June and all I could think about was the lovely time we had celebrating her 60th. Will be thinking of you - and don't worry if you have some tears - I think it's more worrying if you don't!! Lots of hugs Kim xx

Sand

Sand Report 2 Sep 2004 20:28

Alaina, my Mam would have been 76 tomorrow. It does get easier as time moves on, but some days it hurts just as bad as it did when we lost her. I'm sure your Dad would be proud of you. Thinking of you and sending love, Sal.x

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 2 Sep 2004 21:43

i will be thinking of you tomorrow i feel for you tons of love xxx

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 2 Sep 2004 23:28

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Youwill be able to tell your neice all about her grandad while she is growing up and keep his memory very much alive. Even though she won't have known him personally she will be able to know him through you and your brother and sister and that is so special. Joanne

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Sep 2004 10:15

Thinking of you Alaina, as you remember your Dad's birthday.

Angelic Alaina

Angelic Alaina Report 6 Sep 2004 13:35

Wow, I'm overwhelmed, thank you so much everybody, I don't even think I've spoken to some of you before but that is what I love about this site your strangers but good friends aswell and that means a lot. It ended up just me and my brother, my sister went on her own with Lucy but she rang me and Shaun afterwards. My nan and auntie's had already been and left some flowers and a card. Me and Shaun just sat in the car afterwards in our own little worlds with our memories then we drove back to Yeadon and decided to go have a birthday drink for dad. thanks again all of you, its people like you that make GR special. Love Alaina xxxx