General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which Broadband service do you recommend?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 2 Sep 2004 13:37

We're thinking of AOL silver - is that okay? What do you have? We often have "debates" here as to whose turn it is - Carolyn for her debating sites and UKp and me for family history and music!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 2 Sep 2004 13:41

Im on tesco broadband. been on it for a few weeks & it is ok. Its £19---something. you also get tesco clubcard points on that amount Elaine x

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 2 Sep 2004 13:43

im on bt broad band £25 a month it seem's just fine

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 2 Sep 2004 13:53

Am on N.T.L. cable broadband, bit slow last night, but have been told they are improving service, should be upgraded by november!, for this area (Cambs.). Am being nosey, John not very good at geography! still trying to work out where you come from with your title!. Is it somewhere nice...

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 13:55

We also have BT broadband, never had any problems either with BT or the service provided. Good luck! Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 13:57

BT broadband £24.99 l think, its faster and the phone is obviously available, but it does'nt have its own home page, like AOL or Freeserve - so l use Google,then have to use browser and click on Bt email which is seperate and seperate cost. Also limited to one thingy per month - is it Gbites?? So far l have'nt used it all,but l could do if l did more downloading and used the chat rooms.Wish l had stayed on AOL - free phone (helpline)service 24-7, no limit and you get told when an email comes in. Did you understand all that?? Jude sarf wales

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 2 Sep 2004 14:05

I have been on AOL Silver for a couple of months now and have had no problems best wishes Margaret

badger

badger Report 2 Sep 2004 15:51

It costs me around £24 a month with the basic tv package and free telephone line rental,i only pay for the actual calls around £8 a month and its ooooh ,it,s frightening ,did you see that ,did you see that?Fred.ptfg.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 2 Sep 2004 15:51

Hello John, I have Telewest`s Blueyonder 1.5 Mb service. No problems what so ever. A bit pricey though, at £35 p.m.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 2 Sep 2004 16:20

We have Telewest Broadband and it's fine, we've had prompt service when necessary, cost £25 per month, we're lucky, husband's company pays!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Sep 2004 16:24

do not go with ntl bradband .we have had so many problems that we cannot wait until the contracts have expired then we can changexxx(:

Eames

Eames Report 2 Sep 2004 16:51

I'm on AOL broadband for £19.99 a month.. Not had any problem yet... and I did say yet! Well I HAVE been using it for a year now.. Woohoo contract's nearly finished, can relax a bit :oD T

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 2 Sep 2004 17:09

I am on AOL SILVER ONLY £19-99 A MONTH. Never had a problem a lot quicker than dial-up. Sue

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Sep 2004 17:48

We are on AOL gold (£24.99) Had it over 2 years, wouldnt change. No limitations on downloads either. Margaret

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Sep 2004 20:29

i have ntl its the cheapest at £17.99

John

John Report 2 Sep 2004 21:25

Thanks for all your advice.

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Sep 2004 21:35

Ohhhh l wish l stayed with aol:o((((((( Tiscali is rubbish as well:o( Jude sarf wales

Wendy

Wendy Report 2 Sep 2004 22:06

We are thinking of getting broadband and were wondering what is the best,looks like aol silver is the winner so far.Will keep looking at this thread for more information, Wendy

Karen

Karen Report 5 Sep 2004 01:50

Anyone thought of going with wanadoo? its £17.99 per month.

Joy

Joy Report 5 Sep 2004 09:49

We are on Wanadoo (was freeserve), (recently changed to £17-99), no problems. Have been on freeserve all the time, and on broadband for just over a year. Joy