General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

football what team............

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Sep 2004 12:56

do you support.mines arsenal but i do support the local team aswell portsmouth f.cxxxxx(:

Speedy

Speedy Report 4 Sep 2004 13:01

Hi Lisa, I dont support any realy but I do like to see how Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa and Walsall get on. They are all teams that my family support Chelsea my youngest supports due to the influance from his birth dad, who lives in Portsmouth, he was in sunny Southsea when I met him but he has since moved to an area just outside, now. Bev

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Sep 2004 13:04

bev have a problem in my family as my husband and i and my daughter love arsenal and pompey but my sisters family are southampton supporters.we do like to wind each other up over the teams because the teams don't really like each otherxxxx(:

Speedy

Speedy Report 4 Sep 2004 13:07

Hi Lisa in our house hold it is fun when, Arsenal and Chelsea, play we have to get some cans in and then watch the fireworks!!! know what I mean?? Bev

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Sep 2004 13:13

yeah my husband is a londoner and has supportedarsenal all his life.he's actually met the team when he worked at stanstead airport and had them sign a football for him.arsene wenger signed it as he was there with ian wright,paul merson,david seamen ,lee dixon,tony adams and all the rest of the arsenal team including viera.the only one that didn't sign was george graham who was there aswell.my husband said he was the miserabilist bugger he had ever met.he also found on the transit system which was left how much the players would be worth if they were injured and all the players signitures.wonder if that would be worth anything?xxx(:

Speedy

Speedy Report 4 Sep 2004 13:53

Hi Lisa to my middle son that would be priceless, he has supported them since he was 8 years old, I thought that he would change teams the next year but no, so when he was 11 I bought him the football strip for xmas and it took me 3 days to get it off him and then it was only overnight to wash it then back on it went, he is now 20 and even more of a supporter than he was if that is at all poss..... Bev

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 4 Sep 2004 14:02

National team - Newcastle Utd Local team - Gillingham,.......and Chatham Town Under 13's - who my fella's boy plays for (my regular Sunday morning venue, except this weekend of course) ;)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 4 Sep 2004 15:07

ARSENAL....PRIDE OF NORTH LONDON... Elaine x

Joy

Joy Report 4 Sep 2004 15:09

Eagles ... Glad all over!!! Joy

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 4 Sep 2004 16:11

my boy's/partner surport liverpool i dont like football myself

karen in the new forest

karen in the new forest Report 4 Sep 2004 16:45

lol my son loves southampton karen

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 4 Sep 2004 22:04

too many Gooners on this site!!! **** COME ON YOU SPUUUUUURS ******* Maz. XX

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 4 Sep 2004 22:23

Hi Lisa, I don`t support any team, but if there was one I had to choose, it would be the Gunners, purely because it was my brothers team before he died.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 22:26

I am a staunch supporter of Armchair United, but will raise a feeble cheer for Hartlepool.

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 4 Sep 2004 22:29

Altogether now: There's only one Tottenham Hotspur, one Tottenham Hotspur, one Tottenham Hotspur, there's only one Tottenham Hotspur. Glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur. Bet you can't guess who I support ? Jean x.

Gwen

Gwen Report 4 Sep 2004 22:43

Sorry Jean I cant guess who you support, can I have a clue ;-) ;-) I'm not a football supporter myself but eldest son and Grandson support ARSENAL. My local team is Millwall (Who threw something at me then) Lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2004 22:52

Manchester United. No I'm not from Manchester, no I didn't start supporting them when they started winning, I supported them since the late 70s. Yes I am a member, and yes I have been to Old Trafford (last week in fact). I also help run my local non-league side. and NO I don't suport MK Dons !!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 4 Sep 2004 23:38

Hello Jean - long time no speak! - you and me against the world matey!!! Maz. XX

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 4 Sep 2004 23:55

Even though I live 'up north' I support Arsenal. It's worth it just to wind up everyone around here! I do like to see how the Yorkshire teams are doing though. (My hubbies an Owls fan, although he's not very supportive!) My grandad lives next door to Doncaster Rovers boss Dave Penny. That's my vicarious claim to fame!

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 4 Sep 2004 23:59

Got to be IPSWICH the biggest team to Dovercourt, where I grew up, also like to see how Harwich and Parkeston (up the Shrimpers) are doing. Liz