General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this board only for the chosen few?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:13

On numerous occasions I have posted on this board for a general chat or because I want to find out other people's opinions only to be totally ignored. Especially when I ask a question only to get a reply that so and so asked a similar question way back in April - I don't give a shite about so and so in April, it's me that is asking the question for my own curiosity. I'm getting the distinct feeling and going by the amount of replies on other chaps messages that this board is for the chosen few - yes you could say I'm am feeling slightly ostracised and being elbowed to the corner. I'm not saying that everyone should reply, but the conversation so to speak seems to be between a certain cluster of pals, and if you join in the conversation you are totally blanked - like your reply has fallen on deaf ears. Come on chaps let US in - I'm not just speaking for myself I have noticed others trying to get in on your light hearted and amusing discussions. Lin

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:19

Lin, I'm sorry you feel ostracised, it is certainly not our intention to leave anybody out. Sometimes the Boards are so busy it is almost impossible to keep up. Jim

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:19

I know you would Lynda - you are the ultimate chatter box Lin

valinkent

valinkent Report 7 Sep 2004 10:19

Hi Lin I dont answer all that many threads ,but if i have an opinion i will do so .What was the thread in question? Val

Joy

Joy Report 7 Sep 2004 10:20

I'll talk to you, Lin, too (quickly from work!!) Joy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 7 Sep 2004 10:20

Ill talk to you Lin ! Elaine x

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 7 Sep 2004 10:21

Lin, I am sorry you feel like that but I do understand how you feel. My confidence seems to desert me when posting on the boards and I tend to think long and hard before I even attempt it. I don't think its deliberate-or I hope not anyway. I always feel like an outsider but perhaps thats just my perseption of me. I'll talk to you, I am now! Chin up and try and think positive thoughts. Viv :-)

Bob

Bob Report 7 Sep 2004 10:21

To single out one point: Could it be that the person is meaning to say "look at so-and-so's thread from april, as there is lots of info there" I sometimes do this, too, but I also add "enter XXXX in search box" so they can find it. To the rest of your question: I find that sometimes I get an answer, sometimes I don't. Try not to let it upset you, everyone on these boards, including me) has their own agenda / timetable / likes and dislikes / etc.

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:22

I think what it is - I feel totally frustrated trying to chat over the keyboard - nothing is better than a good chin wag over a cuppa - can't quite get used to it. Lin

Bob

Bob Report 7 Sep 2004 10:25

p.s. when I started typing my reply, there were Zero answers to your topic. By the time I pressed "add message" there were 11 already !! p.p.s. I notice others have said the same thing, much less ponderously ! I think I've been too long in Germany !

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:27

Flipping eck! I did not realise there was so many of you chatter boxes - it's like you have been lurking in the shadows ready to bounce. See what I mean - I want to chat to you all at once. Lin

Anne

Anne Report 7 Sep 2004 10:29

Lin I'm just jealous that you're in paradise lol Lynda

valinkent

valinkent Report 7 Sep 2004 10:30

Lin Lynda is a very shy person and would not say boo to a goose . Is that what you wanted me to say Lynda? .Well sorry not true. Ha!ha! LOL Val

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Sep 2004 10:33

HI LIN NOT AT ALL EVERYONE IS WELCOME ON THE BOARDS, i try to answer as many threads as possible, and those of interest to me, i've been off the boards for a couple of weeks due to pc dying, but now i'm back, if someone is directed to a different board it is to help them get more advice, we are all happy to share as we all have different knowledge, so welcome aboard and i'll speak to anyone,including newies and oldies lol sandra

valinkent

valinkent Report 7 Sep 2004 10:33

There you go Lin you have a chat going ,where do you come from . Val

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:35

Thanks chaps for putting a smile on my face - come to the conclusion that you are all a punch of nutters - ment in the nicest possible way. Lin ps the landlady job will suit me to a tee

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:42

Lynda how much are you paying Val Lin

Sandra

Sandra Report 7 Sep 2004 10:44

lin if you had come to the maidstone history fayre, you would know that 11 of us were nutters, and i can speak from experience, hi lynda and val,!!!! oh well here i go katie has woken so back to nappies and food, catch you all later when baby goes for another nap lol sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2004 10:45

Hi Lin - l waffle and probably bore the pants off most - but l do find that the threads move soooo bloomin fast .Yesterday one that l had added too was on page 3 within no time. l don't answer every thread cause l don't always get time, cause l'm waffling somewhere else - l might look at them but decide its not for me and go else where,not that its you on there - but as some has just said "you have started one now and its good". What are your hobbies apart from Geneaology??? Jude sarf wales:o)

valinkent

valinkent Report 7 Sep 2004 10:55

Thanks Lynda Is the cheque in the post ???? Val