General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dye

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Sep 2004 16:22

Eating some scouse and beetroot is dying everything purple- me, the plate, the bath towel i've got over my lap. I need a bib I think.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 9 Sep 2004 16:24

Errr.........what's 'scouse'??

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Sep 2004 16:29

What's Scouse, Whats Scouse!! It the really nice stew with meat potatoes, carrots some other vegteble I cant quite decide on, and beetroot if you like it. All bolied in a big pan and dished out with a big spoon. Dead Common but there you go.

Joy

Joy Report 9 Sep 2004 16:30

yummee!! Joy

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Sep 2004 16:34

enjoy dan.don't worry about the mess.it will all come out in the wash!!!!!xxxx(:

bridan

bridan Report 9 Sep 2004 16:36

Emmmm, I think I might try that for tea. Enjoy and forget the mess.LOL Bridget

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Sep 2004 17:02

dan are you still eating.haven't heard from you in uumm 30 mins!!!!!xxxx(:

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Sep 2004 17:05

I have finished. I went for seconds and am now full.

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Sep 2004 17:08

no puds for you then.unless you have an iron stomachxxxxxxx(:

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 9 Sep 2004 17:28

And that beetroot will also dye your pee pink......;-) Honest! Dee x

badger

badger Report 9 Sep 2004 17:38

Lindy ,do you mean youv,e never had beetroot ,straight out of the pan as a hot veg?,It,s lovely with any sort of meal,Guess what i,m having for tea tomorrow though,some of this stew along with you know what.Fred.ptfg.

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 9 Sep 2004 17:48

Fred, I LOVE beetroot straight from the pan. Delicious!!! Lx

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 9 Sep 2004 17:56

Must admit I've never had hot beetroot either! (which is probably why I didn't know what scouse is!). I'm sure my husband would love it as he's a beetroot fan, tho' he likes his smothered in vinegar (yuk!)

badger

badger Report 9 Sep 2004 17:57

Yes i can see your point Lindy it has to be really fresh ,shop bought is no good.When i take some out i put some on the plate straight away ,and pickle the rest ,two totally different tastes ,the fresh ,is lovely and sweet.Elf obviously knows good veg when she tastes it.Fred.ptfg.

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 9 Sep 2004 17:59

Tis true Fred. Lx

badger

badger Report 9 Sep 2004 18:40

Elf,is there any chance of seeing you at the gateshead fair this Saterday? Fred.ptfg.

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 9 Sep 2004 19:31

Fred, no I won't be at the fair this weekend as I am busy with my little boy. I've never been to that sort of fair before but I hope you all enjoy yourselves. Lorrainex

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 9 Sep 2004 19:57

Is that good student brain food Daniel?..

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Sep 2004 20:12

I do like my burger and chips i have to say. I would guess that tonight was the first time i've had a stew in the past 2 years!

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Sep 2004 20:44

Yeah, those 99p ones are good. Perhaps I should have cook make a proper one one day.