General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

oh what a tangled web we weave

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 23:09

.... when first we practice to deceive

Joy

Joy Report 10 Sep 2004 23:10

absolutely, Chunks!! Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 23:10

and I'm not saying any more lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 23:13

well I've always believed in quality rather than quantity Paul (should I rephrase that ? lol)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 23:20

—Marmion. Canto vi. Stanza 17. by Sir Walter Scott. This was a phrase that REALLY drove a friend and I to distraction - we knew the phrase but didnt know who wrote it or where from. and oh yes!

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 11 Sep 2004 00:44

Nice to see you are back 'CHUNKS'! viv

Mags

Mags Report 11 Sep 2004 06:21

Honesty is the best policy - one lie begets another! To be a good liar you've got to have a good memory - so don't tell a lie to anyone who's got a better memory than you have! lol Magsxx

Shan

Shan Report 21 Sep 2004 23:40

What sad little small minded people you all are

Gerry

Gerry Report 21 Sep 2004 23:41

Mags My wife is the best lier I know. I never know when she is doing it. Trouble is, she could be telling a lie when she says she is telling a lie. Its all so confusing!! :-))

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 23:42

cheers Shan, taken it personally have you ?

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 23:46

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive but after we've deceived a while how vastly we improve our style.

Shan

Shan Report 21 Sep 2004 23:47

first of all Paul no i havent taken it personally second i dont need to keep changing my name thirdly you up for promotion cause you'll never get one on here

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 23:48

Very good Helen, I like it See, some people have a sense of humour Paul

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 23:50

No idea what you're on about. And I change my name as I have a sense of humour. Everyone knows it's me.

Shan

Shan Report 22 Sep 2004 00:02

funniest sense of humour ive ever seen in my life, and strange how when anything need's to be said your alway's the first to say it. Like i said sad little man Shan

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Sep 2004 00:05

First ? hmm odd that, I think you'll find that lots of people spoke before I did earlier. I don't make personal attacks, I'm always polite. I poke fun of things at time. thats all. You want to say otherwise, quote me. I've never heard of you before you joined in this thread, so I have no axe to grind with you, so I suggest you stop your attacks now.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Sep 2004 00:05

In the words(sic) of Henry the Eighth............"Madam, Methinks thee protests too much"!

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Sep 2004 00:07

lol very good Bob Another man with a sense of humour

Gerry

Gerry Report 22 Sep 2004 00:13

Well anyway, I had a great holiday in Ireland where I met so many friendly people. They actually took time to stop and chat. One lady saw us looking somewhat bemused (my present condition reading this thread) and actually crossed the road to ask if she could help. She was able to tell us where the nearest cafe was - just round the corner. Another person leant us a video of something we had been talking about. Relaxed and friendly describes the people of SW Cork. The scenery is beautiful as well :-)))

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Sep 2004 00:15

LMAO !!! I had a nice time in Ireland recently too, weekend in Dublin. Lovely people.