General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

fave film's of your childhood

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 18 Sep 2004 14:30

what was your fave film when you were young i loved the gooinie's.ET & all the peter panfilm's still do & im now 30

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Sep 2004 14:46

Loved Bambi,Lassie,Wizard of Oz, and John Wayne in anything!.. but every year at xmas still have to watch The Snowman!.."We're walking in the air".. (oh good, it will soon be on again!..).

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 18 Sep 2004 14:54

I also love 'Its a Wonderful Life' (and now have it on DVD) Sheila

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 18 Sep 2004 15:11

I got it from Argos(on line). nothing I like better on a cold and rainy day than to curl up in front of the telly and watch that film. Sheila :0)

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 18 Sep 2004 15:13

My fave is The Wizard of Oz (always wanted the ruby slippers) and although it's not a childhood favourite I love West Side Story. Elfx

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 18 Sep 2004 15:26

Always remember going with my sister to watch "Whistle down the Wind" (long time ago) Still feel funny when it's on TV. Haunting Melody as well. The film "Kes" is one of mine as the headmaster (mr Grice) was played by Robert Bowes who was my real headmaster in Castleford when the film was made. (filmed in Barnsley) Bob

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Sep 2004 15:29

That was the one!.. couldn't think of that title, Hayley Mills and Alan Bates, always can remember that tune too!..

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 18 Sep 2004 15:52

When 'Oliver' was released, a neighbour took several of us kids to see it at the cinema, and I loved it!

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 18 Sep 2004 17:10

Harvey, the big white rabbit with James Stewart anyone remember that one? Sheila

Russell

Russell Report 18 Sep 2004 17:14

Mine are both musicals - Oliver! and Fiddler on the Roof.

Steph

Steph Report 18 Sep 2004 19:10

Grease!! Saw it at the cinema 5 times, bought the album, the book and the trousers, ( I was 9!) Now daughter and her friends are fans, all own a copy and even had a 'little pink ladies' party a few months ago. (they are all 6!)

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 18 Sep 2004 20:28

Hello Joanne. Now you have brought back some memories. I think the best film I can remember is one with Hayley Mills, she thinks Jesus is in her shed at the bottom of her garden, I can not remember the name though. I always wanted to be like her when I grew up, so I watched every thing she was in, and I use to copy her every move lol. (Boy if she could see me now lol). Love Deb.

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 18 Sep 2004 21:31

Read the thread Deb! it was "whistle down the wind" Hayley Mills was lovely, would have swopped her for my sister at the time! Bob

Elaine

Elaine Report 19 Sep 2004 20:55

Has to be whistle Down The Wind with Hayley Mills.( im 45 !) Still gives me goose bumps for some reason now.

Shazza

Shazza Report 19 Sep 2004 21:03

Hi, My favorite has to be Grease i still love it to this day. Have also seen the stage show twice absolutely love it. sharon xxxx

Mags

Mags Report 20 Sep 2004 06:14

Not a kiddies film but I was fascinated by 'The Million Pound Note'. Can't even remember who was in it but the idea of all that money was appealing even then! lol Loved the St.Trinians films too - can't remember which one it was but I can still see them rigging up the fireman's hose to the petrol tanker when the school was alight lol I really wanted to go to boarding school so that I could be as naughty! Magsx

Susan

Susan Report 20 Sep 2004 06:26

Disney's Jungle book when I was a kid I went to the flicks seven times to watch it. I must confess though its still my fave. Sue

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 20 Sep 2004 06:34

I enjoyed Its A Wonderful Life.Little Women.Also a very sad one Imitation Of Life.about a girl in America who had a coloured mother but she was nearly white and tried to pass herself of as white in the terrible racist 50s.When her mother died telling everyone she was only her nanny everyone in the cinema was bawling.I was only 8 at the time but it had a strong effect on me.

Chris

Chris Report 20 Sep 2004 06:41

I remember going to the Shirley Temple movies - there were huge queues right down the street. Loved Jerry Lewis movies too but don't look that great today. Movies like "The Sound of Music" and "Oliver" just seem to be easily passed on to the next generation to enjoy.

Suzy

Suzy Report 20 Sep 2004 12:32

I know what you mean about that scene in the Railway Children, Louise. When she says 'Daddy, my Daddy'. Pass the tissues!! My favourite as a child was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and I still love watching it with my own children.