General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

could an adulterous relationship survive?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:31

heard about kerry mcfadden and her husband brian from westlife splitting up.rumours has it that the split was due to the workload they both have at the moment.but on his stag night it was reported that brian engaged in a sex act with a women.maybe kerry cannot forgive him for his actions.i don't think i could.could you forgive your partner.?xxxx(:

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 28 Sep 2004 12:34

I don't know if I could or not..... if it was a truly one off then I might but I think I'd always be suspicious and maybe that would kill the relationship in the end!!

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Sep 2004 12:41

Hi Lisa what can i say !! Been there done that, got 3 divorces and 2 ex partners. Never bothered with a t-shirt, and i live in hope that i can find a guy that can keep it in his trousers, but will have to probably wait until it no longer works, !!!! Lol sandra

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:42

i couldn't that trust has gone.i would leave the relationship and get on with my life.at the end of the day you only have one and that is short.why waste your time and energy on a man that you have devoted you life to for him to wreck that.could you really sleep with him knowing that he had intercourse with someone else.i couldn'txxxxx(:

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Sep 2004 12:42

No I think the relationship is then doomed. When the trust has gone what do you have left. You always wonder if it may happen again. I know it happened to me when I was with my ex. I ended up always suspicious cos he had a fling. It was never the same again. If you love someone there is no need to sleep with another person, one night stand or not. E x

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:43

i think they are a waste of space when they do that.free and single that's what i would be if it ever happened to mexxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 28 Sep 2004 12:43

My parents marriage didnt survive it,(my dad was the one who couldnt keep it zipped up!) Mum took him back several times, but in the end just didnt have any respect for him at all, amongst other things going on....but they are both re married now, sometimes i wonder if i will ever come across brothers and sisters ive never known about cos of my dad, lol!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:44

what about the men what would they do if their partners done the same to them?xxx(:

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Sep 2004 12:45

hi linda yes all 3, i must be doing something wrong, LOL sandrra

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:46

steedie my father done that and my mother stayed with him for the children until we were old enough to understand.it did us no good and i found out that i hhave twin siblings somewhere out there that he fatheredxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:47

sandra it wasn't your fault.it's always the men that can never say no.but saying that not all men are like that.just somexxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 28 Sep 2004 12:47

although my parents had split by the time my mum met my step-dad, my dad couldnt hack it....he hated her being with someone else, he hated not seeing her crying and being low, he begged her to come back but thankfully she managed to stand her ground, 1 month later he was with my step-mum...

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:50

they like to be in control.the housewife and skivvy at home but when they break away then they have lost that power and security which they had.i had a relationship like that.but when i walked away i vowed never to let a man treat me like dirt againxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Sep 2004 12:56

Right, lets have a blokes point of view here to counterbalance all the bitter women (JOKE !!!!). As someone said earlier, I think I could forgive a one off, but not a full blown affair. I think if you love someone, then you'll forgive a mistake. Also... it's not just men that have affairs you know ! I know of someone (it's NOT me lol), who found out a while ago that his wife had had an affair. As far as I know it consisted of two meetings and some texting in between/afterwards. IT was a terrible time for them, but they've come through it... they're perhaps now closer than ever. They have two lovely kids, and perhaps that helped them stay together, but also they talked about why it had happened, they'd had a rough time beforehand, she was depressed, and someone took advantage. I think what I'm trying to say is that... things aren't always as black and white as you'd think.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 28 Sep 2004 12:57

I don't want you but I sure don't want someone else to have you springs to mind!! I must say tho that women are also guilty of affairs.. so lets not blame just the men!!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Sep 2004 12:57

Please remember its not just men who cheat. My hubbys ex wife cheated several times in their marriage before she ended their marriage. ( her sister told me that hubby would go out to work & loverboy would come in ) Both of us made a pledge as we got together that cheating was out. If one of us cheated on the other, our relationship would end & there would be no going back. We have now been together for 14 years & married for 9. Elaine x

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 12:59

paul but why do women have affairs.not the same reason as men.blokes can and if it's offered on a plate then they would take it.women do it because their men aren't giving them love and affection.not enough flowers and chocolates.well on that note i'm leaving for a few hours so you can have a go when i come back lolxxxxxxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 28 Sep 2004 12:59

although ive seen my mum go through it, although she put her all into it not affecting me and my bro......im not sure what i would do. Dave always says that he would have to forgive me cos he couldnt bare being without me (yes i know we are very young!!!) i try and tell him that he cant really say that until it happens (which it wont) but i can honestly say, i do not know what i would do...x

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 13:01

paul i think you need some other blokes to back you up.see you laterxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Sep 2004 13:02

ahh there's nothing like a good stereotype eh Lisa ?