General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My Progress to Date - Chemo 2 Started

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Sep 2004 17:14

See below

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Sep 2004 17:14

Having received so many emails asking me how I’m doing and telling me off for not putting up a thread for my progress. Some of you wanted details (not gory ones lol). So, here goes then. Chemo for me is 4 sessions. Each session goes like this – First Tuesday – a one hour intravenous drip of Carboplatin followed by a half hour drip of Gemcitabine. Second Tuesday is just the Gemcitabine. Third Tuesday – no chemo hooray !! Then there are the anti-sickness pills, and thank God they work. It was my biggest fear of chemo – being and feeling sick, I have had neither. So, the worst side effect is of the anti-sickness pills, being steroids they stop me from sleeping. I take the pills up until Friday – so for five nights I get a total of 8 hours sleep, but I look forward to and sleep pretty well on Sunday night. Saturday and Sunday are the two days that I just feel sooooo tired, particularly after just the Gemcitabine week – but that is when my blood count is at its lowest and the chemo has killed off my immune system (hence the week off chemo to allow my blood etc to build itself back up again). This morning I have started the second round of chemo (Carboplatin and Gemcitabine) but hey – I now know what to expect -:)))). I also had an X-ray – the one positive is that the tumour has not got any bigger – the best we could have hoped for with palliative chemo. So, in a nutshell – am doing OK – have accepted things but most importantly I am happy and living a good comfortable life and I AM SO BLOODY PROUD OF DIANA IS IN THE PINK – GO GIRL GO – sorry to shout. And …. Can’t wait for 16th October. Thanks so much for all your support and emails, both Rob and I (and the kids through these threads) really appreciate and wallow in your kindness. Love and hugs Gaynor xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 17:21

sending love and hugs gaynorxxxxxxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 28 Sep 2004 17:21

thinking of you- sending you my huggles!! (((((((((huggle))))))))-x-

Lindy

Lindy Report 28 Sep 2004 17:23

Gaynor, I have been thinking about you for the last couple of days and am glad to hear from you. (((Hugs))) to you and Rob, Lindy;-)))

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 28 Sep 2004 17:32

I have been wondering and hoped you would put something up soon! Well done for being so brave and positive. So pleased the effects haven't been as bad as feared. I am sure that your reports must be helping so many who are going through the same or have someone that is. Not many will talk about such things and I am sure you are an inspiration to many. Well done so far and keep up the good work! Love and hugs to you all Jacky xx

Sprack

Sprack Report 28 Sep 2004 18:01

hi gaynor nice to hear from you, keep up that fighting spirit. love and (((((huggles)))) from jenny x

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Sep 2004 19:15

HI GAYNOR nice to see you so positive, and the chemo is going ok,and the good news that the tumour hasn't got bigger, you and the family take care (((((hugs)))))) sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Sep 2004 19:24

Gaynor Thanks, I was just thinking we were due another progress bulletin! You sound very positive and I hope you are feeling so. I am also looking forward to 16th. Love Helen little nell

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 28 Sep 2004 19:29

Good Girl, Gaynor keep up with the positive progress, You look out for yourself, and I'll look out for the cameras!! Boom Boom! loadsa Hugs--n kisses Bob

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 28 Sep 2004 19:31

Well done for letting us all know! I'm so proud of you. Keep smiling, love to you and Rob. Linda x

Joy

Joy Report 28 Sep 2004 19:34

often thinking of you, Joy

Sue

Sue Report 28 Sep 2004 19:45

Sending you a big hug and looking forward to meeting you on the 16th. Love and hugs and positive thoughts Sue & Doug xx

Speedy

Speedy Report 28 Sep 2004 19:50

Gaynor, thanx for the update, and here's anothe hug from me and mine to you and yours (((((:)))))

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 28 Sep 2004 19:59

Hi Gaynor Really pleased to see your positive attitude is still shining through, I've been wondering how the chemo was going, but didn't like to ask. Looking forward to meeting you on the 16th. Carolyn

Chris

Chris Report 28 Sep 2004 20:10

Hi Gaynor, You sound great. Thanks for letting us know you're o'kay. You're a brave girl. Lots of love, Christine xxx

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 28 Sep 2004 20:24

Girl Power You go girl :)))))))))))))))))))))))) Love Deb.

Sand

Sand Report 28 Sep 2004 20:27

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Gaynor. Sending lots of good wishes your way! Sal.X

Rick

Rick Report 28 Sep 2004 20:29

Hiya :-) R.xx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 28 Sep 2004 20:30

i admire your bravery and you deserve a medal gaynor for all your strength, i hope you continue to be so positive, and do well. thinking of you all.