General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

have to go to hospital for blood tests still feeli

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:19

just had to see the doctor again about my illness which you know i have had for a week.starting to get worse so they have suggested i take some samples to be sent off to the lab and to have numerous blood tests aswell which will have to have next week when i see another G.P.starting to lose alot of weight which warrants all the tests.doctor has signed me off for another week just to try and fight off whatever is making me ill.hope it will be alright.feeling quite frightened nowxxxxxxx):

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Sep 2004 10:23

Sorry Lisa to hear you are not feeling well. I've been under the weather myself and also had a load of blood tests. Everything came back as normal, so try not to worry to much. Luv Jo.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Sep 2004 10:24

Sorry to hear that you're still not well. Hopefully the tests will show whats the best way forward for any treatment necessary. When you feel up to it, wrap up warm and go for a little walk along The Front. Sometimes you feel better in the fresh air, if you've got the energy to go out. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:25

thanks guys.can't eat at the moment as it just passes through.but looking forward to a big fat juicy steak when i am up to it.with loads of onion rings and saladxxxxx):

Mags

Mags Report 30 Sep 2004 10:25

Sorry to hear you are still not well. Try not to worry too much - they are obviously doing everything they can to get you sorted out asap. Love and Hugs Magsxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:26

might do that later gwyn.would do me good as i live near the sea so will breath in all that fresh sea are.love and hugsxxxx):

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:27

your words mean alot.thankyou xxxxxxxxx):

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 30 Sep 2004 10:32

Dont get too worried. Doc is just being carefull. I got a serious bug on holiday. I was ill for about a week. I was recovering from that then caught another bug. In all, I felt nauseous for about two weeks. Cos id lost weight doc sent me for tests all came back clear. Ther are some really nasty bugs out there. Some will make you feel run dow for weeks after the bug has gone. chin up Elaine x PS you will have lost loads of weight if you arnt eating !

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 30 Sep 2004 10:34

The blood tests will ensure you are getting the right treatment. Hope you feel much better soon! Linda x

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:35

i think the reason they are sending me is i have bleeding aswell which has been going on for about five days and if this is a bug it is really taking it out of me aswellxxxxxxxxx):

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 30 Sep 2004 10:37

Lisa, it sounds a bit like salmonella, did you start with a bad headache? I caught it a few years ago and it took about 8 weeks before i was clear of the bug. Hope you start feeling better soon. Sheila x

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:39

tes i was getting headaches and a fever and my limbs ached badly.feel like drinking a swimming pool as i feel so thirstyxxxxx):

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:40

baz how are you?hope your alright now my love.thanks for the concern.love and hugsxxxxxxxxxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:41

sheila it's funny you saying that as the emergency doctor asked me if i have eaten any out of date eggs or eggs.and when it started i had an omelette,hopefully find out when the results come throughxxxxx(:

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 30 Sep 2004 10:42

Hi Lisa, I am sorry you are feeling poorly.... if it is any consolation, and hopefully some sort of support, I too have been off sick now for 6 weeks. I started feeling poorly with flu like symptoms which didn't subside, I have been extremely light headed and dizzy and have been told by the doctor not to drive since then. I have been extremely tired and I too was loosing weight. I addition, at first I had blood in my water. A week later I was given every blood test that is available to check for all sorts of nasties which luckily came back fine except for my thyroid which is borderline underactive. I have since had a re test for that and am waiting for those results to come back. My doctor told me that virul illnesses can take weeks to leave your system however he is also treating me for anxiety as this apparently can cause these symptoms also. I too was very worried about the blood tests - specially when I was actually called in to the surgery immediately for the results, fortunately my panic was unecessary..... I am still off work and although I THINK I may be improving (I'm not sure if I am just getting used to feeling poorly now) I feel very ill in the mornings and gradually improve but go down hill again in the afternoon. As I said, he is treating me for anxiety and has said that this also can take weeks to subside.... we have also discussed ME as a possibilty..... Like I said, it's not much cosolation but try not to worry too much as this makes things worse (I know it's difficult, there are times when I can't stop worrying about it also).... it may take time but I keep telling myself "At least it's nothing life threatening"....... I hope you are feeling better soon Lisa, keep us posted - G xxxxx :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:42

sheila did you have pain all around your midrif and lower back.i had very bad tugging sensation with minexxxx(:

syljo

syljo Report 30 Sep 2004 10:42

Sorry to hear that you're not well. Sounds a bit like diabetes. Hope they get you sorted out soon. Love Sylvia xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:44

gee feel more bad for my employers as i have only started work four weeks ago.they have told me they cannot allow me back until it has cleared up as it could infect the whole workforce and then that would cause problemsxxxxxx):

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:45

sylvia hope it's not that as i am already asthmatic .couldn't cope with another illness!xxxx):

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 30 Sep 2004 10:48

Lisa, i felt like id been kicked in the stomach by a horse lol. it was tender and painful to touch plus griping pains. Its not very nice but theres not much the docs can do, just keep drinking plenty of water until you can eat again. I didnt feel ill for the whole 8 weeks but the samples (not v nice either) keep coming back positive which meant i could infect other people. At least it got me out of doing the cooking for a while:-)