General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What Not to Wear.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Sep 2004 14:16

Did anyone see the programme last night? I've never watched it before but found it quite fasinating. I was so shocked though when one of the women whipped off the knickers of one of the contestants because she did'nt like pantie lines showing. Wow, I really felt for the poor girl, what a dreadful thing to do and on television as well!!!!!!! Jo.

Carol

Carol Report 30 Sep 2004 14:18

I have always thought that what to wear is a matter of personal choice. This thing about clothes being out of fashion is just a way to get us to spend more money.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 14:19

yes, but in fairness, she was wearing a dress lol I hadn't seen it before. Found it quite amusing that the people who went on the show still argued about what they should be wearing until the bitter end(if they thought they were right, why were they on the show ?), but of course in the end the stylists were proven right.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 30 Sep 2004 14:19

Jo, i didn't see all of it but i did see the part you're talking about---poor girl,no wonder she cried in the changing room,i think i would have smacked her , karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 14:20

Carol, As they said on the show, it isn't about fashion, it's about what clothes suit you.

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Sep 2004 14:30

Trust you Paul!!!! I know she was wearing a dress thank goodness, it was just the humiliation of it. You men, honestly, tut, tut, Jo

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 14:32

Yeah Ok I'd have been mortified too. On the positive though - what a remarkable transformation from that timid plain little mouse... she looked quite good by the end of the show. As for the other one... say no more !! lol

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 Sep 2004 14:44

Saw the last series on BBC2, have Suzannah and Trinny had their babies?, what did they have?

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 14:48

and more to the point what were they wearing ? lol No idea... wasn't mentioned (unless I missed that bit)

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 30 Sep 2004 15:05

what about the clown of a woman they transformed to someone looking glam and gorgeous.... what did she think she looked liked dressed in ORANGE AND YELLOW!!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 Sep 2004 15:07

Diana youv'e turned blue, are you cold?, or is it to do with your earlier thread? (the one about the pig!..)!.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 15:07

yes, GOD what a state she looked. Not surprising that they threw awaye virtually her whole wardrobe. Hideous.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 30 Sep 2004 15:20

what amazes me is the husband never said anything.... can you imagine the embarassment of going out in public with her? That isn't very polite I know but she looked vile!! Gone Blue for the afternoon as feeling yuk.... will be Pink again soon!! :O(

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 30 Sep 2004 15:52

I saw an article about Trinny and whatsherface in a magazine, saying how little dress sense they really did have and showing pictures of them in offending outfits, I find them quite rude,,feeling contestants boobs and riduling thier size./shape etc. No wonder that poor girl cried.

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 15:54

i find that their personal taste in clothes are not much to go on so i think it's abit of a cheek them saying that people have no dress sense.xxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 16:04

yes they're very rude at times, but the acid test is.. did the women look better at the end ? YES.

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 30 Sep 2004 16:08

Paul, you've shocked me lol. what a male thing to say. You men dont know the half of what us girlies have to do to look good. Sheila x

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 16:10

sorry, which bit was shocking ?

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Sep 2004 16:30

I know those two were dreadfully rude to the two women.....BUT......did'nt they both look fantasic at the end? Well they do say, no pain, no gain! Jo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 16:32

My point exactly Joanne