General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

chat board

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 14:07

OK heres the thing. a couple of months ago we used to have a quite a happy little group that used the chat room most days. Now noone seems to bother. why ?

Fairy

Fairy Report 1 Oct 2004 14:08

I did try a few times, hung about for a bit, but no one came in. Jo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 14:09

people are scared of adding - they get pounced on by others.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 14:10

I've had the same problem. But we used to have (tooname a few) Deb, Zoe, Trish, Natalie and of course myself... but none seem to use it anymore.. has everyone else jumped ship ?

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Oct 2004 14:10

lets all go on there now then!!!! i usually go on at 5.00, thats when Jo from Essex is there and Mike Kelly..

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 14:12

hello chunky.how are you today.feel alittle better but the weather is awful here in not so sunny southseaxxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 14:14

ahhh Lisa there you are, people have been worried (not me lol)

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 14:18

paul your my biggest fan.and a great mate you are and everyone else is to me.it means so much.thankyouxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 14:21

Lisa, you're confusing me with the other Paul lol

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 14:37

paul h i will call paul 1 and your paul 2 saves confusion.xxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 14:39

oh cheers, Paul 2... I am a name, not a number

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Oct 2004 15:30

When GC (as it was then) started the chat board was fantastic, really friendly and loads on there. Then someone mentioned messenger and lots of the regulars went on there and the chat board lost what it had. Now we chat more on this board, add that to those that go on messenger and i suppose the chat board has become superfluous. I never go there now. there used to be (to name a few). Myself, Max, Colin, Jim, William, George, Elizabeth M Jude, Kathleen, She Wray, Shelli, Theresa, Alfi, Ray. Ann Glos

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 1 Oct 2004 16:07

Too true Ann And shortly after the Messenger word came up I think a lot of the rest of us felt a bit of a "clique" had been set up and fewer and fewer people went on to chat. Next thing I knew was that "the other site" had been set up and everyone had gone on there! Shame....because it altered everything on here. Dee :-((

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 16:08

thing about messenger is that I have loads of contacts from here on messenger, but still chat to them on the site.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 16:34

I still go on there - usually sometime between 8pm and 11pm. There are still 'regulars' to be found there - June, Lou, Jo from Essex, William, Michael K, Mags, Bob white van man, Sandra, 2 Annes, Diana - I haven't missed anybody on purpose, these were just the last people that I spoke to on there. In my humble opinion, there's been a very pleasant atmosphere on there lately. I would imagine it's just down to everybody's different working times. Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 16:40

things have definitely been more pleasant the last week or two

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 16:44

has there been a few fallings out on there then paul?xxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Oct 2004 16:44

lisa, i think he meant all around a bit more nicer -x-x-

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 16:47

yes, I meant all round, but I guess the least said about that the better, don't want to reopen old wounds.

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 16:49

yep i agree.we're havin a great time and a laugh in the processxxxxxxxx(: