General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scrummy Ice Cream

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shazza

Shazza Report 1 Oct 2004 19:37

Ive just brought some gorgeous ice cream from Morrisons its Carte Dor Terrys Chocolate Orange Flavour its heaven, they also have another flavour as well its Toblerone YUMMY Which would be your favorite (we had to buy both as they were buy one get one free ) !!

Shazza

Shazza Report 1 Oct 2004 19:40

Just like the Father In Law always Creamy Vanilla. I do like Vanilla with fruit it goes quite well.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 19:42

oh Sharon - another ice-cream fan - :-) see you in a fortnight

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Oct 2004 19:44

Have discovered some home made in a local farm shop, trouble is it's made with double cream!, but gorgeous flavours, like the coffee one!..

Shazza

Shazza Report 1 Oct 2004 19:44

My favorite Ice Cream in the whole world has to be Ben and Jerrys Chunky Monkey!! Banana ice cream with walnut pieces and BIG chunks of plain chocolate its to die for!!!

N

N Report 1 Oct 2004 19:50

chocolate chip or mint choc chip, or normal choclate, only doing it with one layer, then a layer of flake, then another layer of ice cream, then another layer of flake, and so on and so on, then put it back into the frezzer for a few mins, MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, nice , LOL. must admit, like the sound of both yours, think you have just persuaded me to buy them :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Shazza

Shazza Report 1 Oct 2004 19:51

Ohh that sound Lovely !!

Fairy

Fairy Report 1 Oct 2004 19:52

You can't beat making it yourself, but again it is mostly made with double cream, yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 20:39

i love hargen daaz cookie and cream.they have soft cookies embedded in the ice cream which are really chewy.yum yumxxxxxx(:

Christine2

Christine2 Report 1 Oct 2004 20:47

For those who like making there own - if you have the readers digest Cookery Year book - Biscuit Tortoni on page 152 is delicious. To quote "During the 19th century, Tortini's restaurant in Paris was famous for its buffet table, patronised by many great writers". Cheers - Chrissie

Shazza

Shazza Report 1 Oct 2004 20:54

I agree any Ice Cream is great!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 22:12

Oooh Sharon, you are my new best friend!! I have the mickey taken something rotten for always having a freezer full of ice cream - all year round! My all time favourite is Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, followed by their Karamel Sutra, then their Phish Food. I love Carte D'Or as well, haven't seen those new flavours yet but I like the sound of Toblerone. Chocolate and ice cream are my two favourite things, so when you put them together mmmmmmmmmmm

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 22:15

my daughter loves mint choc chip which she's inclined to eat the tub in two days!xxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 22:15

Mandy, the Ben and Jerry's once are just the best aren't they ? I love the Chunky Monky one too (as you can tell hehe), but I have to fight Sharon for it !! There's another one that I tried that was lovely, cinnamon with oatmeal cookie dough, GORGEOUS

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 22:42

Paul, what's the chunky monkey got in it? I've seen it but I can't remember. I wouldn't like that other one because I don't much like cinnamon, plus I prefer ice cream to be chocolatey!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 22:42

Mandy... as Sharon said above, its banana with Walnuts and chocolate

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 1 Oct 2004 23:13

Years ago there used to an ice cream palour between Gants Hill & Ilford Essex that sold the best ice cream EVER! my hubby used to take me there with the ice box (full of ice packs) and we used to get 4 ltrs at a time. (We lived in Ascot Berks at the time!) But I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was called, can someone please but me out of my misery!! :-((( Kim

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 Oct 2004 23:28

I'm with Lisa - it can only be Hagen Daazs Cookies and Cream. Can eat a whole tub in one sitting without feeling sick. NOT FOR SHARING!!!!! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 23:33

who was it that said she liked Vanilla ? why'd you delete your comment ? each to their own !! Sharon wasnt taking the mick regarding the father in law its true, honest !

Maggie

Maggie Report 2 Oct 2004 01:20

The best one I've tried is a Limited Batch of Ben and Jerries called Fudge Central - its a soft chocolate fudge core surrounded with chocolate and vanilla ice cream with white chocolate chips in the chocolate ice cream and dark choc chips in the vanilla - gorgeous but can't find it now in the shops so must have come to the end of the limited batch or I've eaten them out of stock!!!! Any ice cream can be made gorgeous with the choc sauce just discovered at Asda - its dark choc and cream (so not too much for me!! - who am I kidding pile it on) - its found in the fridge section by the yoghurts.