General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FULFILLED A LIFE LONG DREAM?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 01:47

Just wondering if anyone here has fulfilled a life long dream? I haven't as yet, but would love to see the pyramids. Has anyone been, and how was it for you? Regards Lisa

Minty1402

Minty1402 Report 13 Oct 2004 01:51

not really had a life long dream but i have a dream now. i want to be with the person i love in ireland. not the right time now but i hope it will be some day. sorry not really what you meant is it lol. Di

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 01:53

LOL Di, not quite what i had in mind lol, but it's a dream all the same. So I hope you fulfill it some day. Kindest regards, Lisa

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 01:54

I have always wanted to go to New Zealand, don't ask me why because I do not know lol, and go on a cruise in Alaska. Love Deb.

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 01:57

Wow, well, home of 'lord of the rings', beautiful country for a start. As for the cruise, why Alaska? (Last place on earth man hasn't conquered? lol) I'd prefer the warmer climes myself :P Lisa

Deb Vancouver (18665)

Deb Vancouver (18665) Report 13 Oct 2004 02:01

To go on a year long, around the world cruise.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 02:04

It just looks so nice all those glaciers OMG I sound bonkers don't I, perhaps I have gone all sensible in me old age lol. Love Deb

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 02:05

LOL. no you haven't Debs, sounds fantastic, what some company? lol. Lisa x

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 02:18

Yep just get the nine o'clock bus over on Saturday and away we go to freeze our buts off lol. Love Deb. PS: Your up late

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 02:20

Lol debs ok np :P I have to get the other half up for work, so he is not late again :O Lisa x

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 13 Oct 2004 02:23

Things we have to do a? well nice chating to you I am off for my shower then a glass of wine and off to bed, I have to get up at 4.30 for work Love Debs.

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 02:24

ok Debs, not to talk to you, have a nice shower, and take care. Regards, Lisa x

Pat

Pat Report 13 Oct 2004 02:27

Debra, Funny we share the same dream, myself and my brother in law, I dont want to fly so long in an airplane and no fags LOL. He doesnt like flying at all, so we keep dreaming, ah well. At the moment my lifelong ambition will be realised next year, I am looking forward to going to were my rellies came from and walking the same streets visiting the churches they were married in and just finding out more about the area they lived in the Glass Factory my great grandfather and his father worked in as Glass Blowers is now a museum and I am going to try and find out if you can get a barge trip on the Canal in West Bromwich as another rellie worked on the barges in the 1800's. A lifelong dream will have been fulfilled knowing where we came from, Oh & spending a few days hitting the shops in Birmingham will go down nicely as well my Mum lives for the shops, that will stop her moaning when I went to look up in the local library LOL. Pat x

Lisa

Lisa Report 13 Oct 2004 02:31

Fantastic idea Pat, if I ever get started with my family from Ireland I may do the same 1 day, have a great time. Kindest Regards Lisa x

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Oct 2004 07:41

Nothing quite so exotic as all your holiday destinations, but hubby and I have just fulfilled our main dream - we have bought a holiday home in Poole. We have always wanted to live there and now have a lovely relaxing place to go at the weekends after a hard week at work. And no queuing at the airport either lol. Best thing we ever did! Mandy :)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 13 Oct 2004 07:48

Would love to have time to see Britain, from Lands End to John O Groats!, visiting all those lovely places you see on that Holiday programme, and loads of money to go with it, so many places look beautiful with all the scenery!.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 13 Oct 2004 08:29

Lisa - I've seen the pyramids! It was a while ago (1985), some people are disappointed as the city of Cairo has grown right up to them and they are no longer 'in the middle of the desert'! I have to say I found the Sphinx a bit disappointing - very small and overwhelmed by pyramids. However, it's a fantastic place, best way to see them is to go to an evening 'son et lumiere' when they're all floodlit etc. and we also went horse-riding round them just before sunset - great! Enjoy when (not if) you go! Sheila

Fairy

Fairy Report 13 Oct 2004 10:37

I'd always had this silly idea of one day be able to buy a brand new car and driving it out of the showroom. Up 'til then I'd always had old bangers and no money. Then I met and married my second husband. After a few years his company asked him to go and work in Brussels. This of course meant a big move and I was'nt to happy as youngest son was still living at home. Anyway Hubby said, 'when we get there I shall buy you your brand new car'. He did, I was so thrilled. The only problem was, the steering wheel was on the left hand side and I had to drive on the right. I'd never done this before and by the time I got the car home I could'nt get out of the seat because I was so nervous and shaking. LOL. Jo.

Bev

Bev Report 13 Oct 2004 10:42

I'm going to see the pyramids in may, it has been my dream too! 2 day Nile Cruise, Alexandra, the Sphinx, can't wait My treat, hubby had his week fishing in France, so now it's my turn (he's coming with me though) Bev

Karen

Karen Report 13 Oct 2004 11:30

Last year I turned 30 and I decided I wanted to have brill memories of turning the horrible 30, so I treated myself to two holidays that I had wanted to do for years - I went on a safari in Kenya and then later in the year I went to Canada for a long weekend and flew to Churchill to see the wild polar bears. They were brilliant holidays and the memories will last with me forever. Karen