General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TERRIFIED OF GETTING 'OLDER'

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 15:08

Has anyone else ever been literally scared, of getting to the big 30, or 40? I am 24, and wish I could be peter pan LOL How was it for you turning 30 or 40? Kindest regards Lisa

Nicola

Nicola Report 14 Oct 2004 15:11

Hi Lisa! I am going to be 30 next year and the thought is making me ill!!! Can not explain why though!! U r still young - enjoy the rest of your twenties!!! lol xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 15:13

LOL, I can't explain it either, maybe I'm just vain, and scared of losing my 'good looks' LOL Lisa x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 14 Oct 2004 15:15

i LOVED BEING IN MY 30 AND MY 40 DIDN'T BOTHER ME. Each decade brought a satisfaction of its own I sailed into my fifties hardly noticing. I could not understand what all the fuss was about. That was until I hit 60 I don't know what there was about sixty, but I think it was because there is so much else which accompanies this birthday. The govt wrote and told me I was now retired and gave me a pink card, I had to be photographed for a bus pass,Oh it went on and on,sign this, sign that Then the Health Service began to pester me to have tests I didn't want, there was no end to it. OK,OK, I'm geriatric but I will go out with a BANG Sixty stinks Rose

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 15:19

LMAO Rose :P Oh dear, god help me then...that really made me laugh actually, sorry!! Role on the 70's then eh? Regards Lisa x

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 15:20

OOO blimey Dave, you must be a little psychic huh, luckily enough you were strong enough to pull through. Regards Lisa

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 14 Oct 2004 15:30

Hi Lisa, I'm 31 and life couldn't be better. I have so much more confidence then I did in my 20's. I'm having more fun now then I ever have before. I'm loving my 30's and I am sure you will too. Jack x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 14 Oct 2004 15:33

I loved being 30 but must admit I am a bit daunted by the thought of being 40 next year.... the good thing is that the people I work with are all in their 20's and they see me as one of them,... so maybe it's true you are only as old as you feel.... and I'm just 17!! :O)

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 15:35

aww, ok, i'm feeling a little better lol, thx guys, think i will worry about it, if i ever get there ay! regards Lisa x

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 14 Oct 2004 15:38

Hi Lisa - I didn't mind heading for 30 or 40 but I must admit now I'm 43, heading for 50 is a bit daunting. G :-) x

Bec

Bec Report 14 Oct 2004 15:47

Well I cannot wait to be older! I hope that in 5-10 years I'll have a family and I'll be in a secure (financially, emotional and work-wise) situation. Being 21 is rubbish!

BarneyKent

BarneyKent Report 14 Oct 2004 15:47

Hi Lisa, I'm 67 and all my life I have not wanted to get older. But it is inevitable, there is only one other alternative - dying! Don't let yourself 'think' old, remain young in your head. Since I retired I've been to uni and got a degree, learnt French and am now researching my family history. I love learning about my forebears and how they lived but I do not live in the past. The best times ever are RIGHT NOW. I still 'think' young and in my head I am only 39. My two drinking mates are 36 and 43 and I refuse to 'act my age'. I never run down the younger generation, I might not like all that they do, but I will defend their right to do it as long as it's legal. I was a rebel in the fifties and sixties and I am not a hypocrite, today's young are no different than any other generation - it is the times themselves which have changed. Good luck, Bernie.

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 15:49

aHH CHEERS BERNIE, ONLY PROB WITH ME, IS ALL MY MATES ARE AT LEAST 2 YEARS OLDER THAN ME..THEY'RE IN THERE 30'S AND 40'S LOL. USED TO HAVE YOUNG FRIENDS TILL I MET MY OTHER HALF, NOW I'M HANGING WITH THE OLDIES LMAO lISA XX

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 14 Oct 2004 16:01

Im knocking 50 and dont relish the idea of getting old...most days i feel about 26,,I just dont want oldness and all that goes with it.

Jean

Jean Report 14 Oct 2004 16:02

wish i was able to worry about becoming 30, 40. or 50....am now up to 69 yrs hoping I'm around to see my 90th birthday, going to have a real good bash!!!

Mags

Mags Report 14 Oct 2004 16:11

If it's any consolation Lisa - we all look younger for our age than the generation before (with exceptions of course - me!) I feel no older than you in my head - it's only when I look in a mirror!!! lol I'm a wrinkled old hag - so my best advice is to look after your skin if you want to look young! While you are worrying about the inevitable - you are not enjoying the present. Old age ain't bad when you get there! Magsxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 16:14

LOL, BUT HOW ABOUT GOING GREY FROM THE AGE OF 16? IT'S NOT HEREDITARY, THAT DEPRESSES ME MORE I THINK. LISA

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Oct 2004 16:22

going grey you can deal with - cover it up!! Age is only a number, think young you will be young. 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 Other than a few twinges i don't feel any different. I was certainly a lot more tired when in my 20s -40s because I had a young family to look after. Now it is just the two of us to please and we get out and enjoy ourselves, do what we want to do, walk, holiday. Life is good if you have your health whatever your age. And well said Bernie, couldn't agree more. ann Glos

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Oct 2004 16:43

On New Years Day 2003 I reached the age that my brother was when he died. Every day since is a day he didn't have. I hope I think young and live each day as I want. Birthdays are just a marker of time. It's what you do with it that matters.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 14 Oct 2004 17:15

My mum looks very young for her age, but recently she has been looking at her hands and saying that they look old, i think it gets to her quite a bit! x