General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gaynor Reporting in - Health Update !!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 13:21

See below - and I forgot to say - my oncologist was so pleased - I have put on exactly one stone !!!!! yuk !!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 13:22

Hi All, Yet again I have been inundated with emails asking how I’m doing – but bearing in mind my chemo goes in 3 week cycles and just before the beginning of week one I have an Xray and a CT scan to see how things are going. This does not leave much to report other than I feel soooooo tired. Well, I had my first part of the third chemo session this morning. Prior to that I had an Xray and last Friday I had my CT scan. It’s a little bit of good news, my lung tumour has got about 5% smaller (expectations would be about 30% if curable) but as the oncologist said , the positive news is that it hasn’t got bigger. Looking at the CT scan, it clearly showed that it has reduced by 5mm in depth (as the “slices” of a CT scan show). Each chemo session brings its own array of side effects – and with each one it knocks me for six and makes me feel more tired – and, this all takes longer to get over each time. This is why I spend little time on messenger or the boards, my poor body and mind just can’t cope – lol, that’s my excuse anyway :-)))) Fingers crossed that the reduction in tumour size continues – all your hopes and wishes must be working for me – thank you so very much – all of you. For those of you who met me in Lewknor, I had a great day and was exhausted the following day – it really took its toll, but I had such a wonderful day – thank you. It is so strange now visiting Diana’s website and seeing the piccy of me there, together with Diana and her training partner (aka Susie the monkey !!!) Love and hugs Gaynor xxxx

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 19 Oct 2004 13:26

Well done Gaynor, your fighting spirit is working. I hope you recover from this bout of treatment quickly. Keep up the good work and above all---- take care! Jacky xx

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 19 Oct 2004 13:26

Great to see a piccy of you at last gaynor. I was sad I couldnt get to your meet though. Good news about the tumor. I will be sending all those positive thoughts out to you and yours. Elaine xx

Joy

Joy Report 19 Oct 2004 13:26

Thanks, Gaynor. Thinking of you lots. Joy

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 19 Oct 2004 13:28

Thinking about you lots babe.... positive stuff being sent your way as I so need you to be here in May when the trek is over because i am so going to make sure you pamper my poor feet!! :O)

Jo

Jo Report 19 Oct 2004 13:29

You are a very brave lady Gayner, wish I could have been there at the weekend it sounded great. You are in my thoughts. xx Joxx

Sprack

Sprack Report 19 Oct 2004 13:33

keep fighting gaynor, sorry I couldn`t get to meet you on saturday, (((((hugs))))) from jenny x x

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 19 Oct 2004 13:35

we told you so didnt i sweetheart there is always hope,so please,please,please..DONT GIVE UP!! we love you so much gaynor susie and terry xxxxxxx

Mags

Mags Report 19 Oct 2004 13:39

That's great news Gaynor - keep your chin up! It was lovely meeting you at long last. Love Magsxxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 Oct 2004 13:43

Gaynot what great news, a reduction in size that is good, i know you feel grotty, but its worth it to reduce the tumour. Rest well hun sandra

Lindy

Lindy Report 19 Oct 2004 13:46

Thank you Gaynor. You are in my prayers. (((Hugs))) Lindy xx

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 19 Oct 2004 13:49

Hi Gaynor I'm so pleased that you have at last got a little bit of good news - the power of positive thought really is a fantastic thing. It really was a pleasure to meet you and Rob on Saturday and thanks so much for the rose, I'll treasure it forever. All the best for the next few weeks chemo. Keep on keeping us updated. Love Carolyn

June

June Report 19 Oct 2004 13:52

Gaynor, This is good news but I'm sorry you have to feel so grotty to achieve it. I saw your photos, no one had warned me you are so glamorous, now I've definitely got to make the next meet. I'm thinking of you all. Love June xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 14:07

Told you you've give the bugger a damn good fight didn't I - glad to hear the news is "good" (not great you may say, but good all the same). Paul xxx

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 19 Oct 2004 14:12

Hi Mum, Us kids really enjoyed the meet on Saturday. It was great to see you - you looked fantastic. Glad there's a bit of good news. Really looking forward to seeing you next week. Love you loads and loads Jack xx

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 19 Oct 2004 14:34

Really glad you had a bit of good news you deserve it! Thanks for keeping us all posted. Linda x

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Oct 2004 15:31

Gaynor Sorry you are feeling soooo tired. Thank goodness for some good news ,only a little but good all the same. Went and looked at the pictures of your meet and you look brilliant,what a lady. Take care of yourself and plenty of rest. Love and best wishes. Kindest Regards Margaret

syljo

syljo Report 19 Oct 2004 15:32

Thinking of you Gaynor, I knew you'd be feeling very tired. Don't worry, get plenty of sleep, or at least rest. Love, Sylvia xxx

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 Oct 2004 15:38

Gaynor, Thanks for the update, they say good news comes in small packages, keep it up gal, like I said, you look after yourself, I'll look out for the cameras!!! all the best wishes in the world, Bob