General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gaynor's Latest Update

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 08:01

Last and final chemo session underway - see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 08:01

Where to start? As a few of you know – the last couple of weeks have been really tough – each chemo session is much harder to recover from. It leaves me sooooo tired and basically “brainless” – the words “zombie” and “druggy” come to mind. So thought I’d better do this now before I go too far down the slope !! Yesterday (Tues) I started my last chemo session (the final and last being next Tuesday – HOORAY !). Had an X-ray which showed a minimal reduction in the lung tumour. The oncologist was worried about my swollen legs, particularly as the left is more swollen than the right – so that meant going back to the hospital yesterday afternoon for an ultra sound scan for a potential blood clot. As the pain and swelling is in the calf, nothing showed up – but, apparently, if it is a blood clot is would take about 7 days to move into the thigh – so that means another ultra sound scan next week (my inner self says it isn’t a blood clot – just me being odd and swelling differently in each leg). The chemo was a swine to get in me – they couldn’t find veins (chemo has knackered them) and then half way through they had to swap hands as the phlebitis was just sooo painful. Not wanting to scare anyone here – it in the chemo drug Gemcitibine that can be so painful and cause this phlebitis – especially when concocted with other chemo drugs like the one I’m on – just my luck. The hands and arms hurt for about 10 days, but only one session to go now. My oncologist has decided to give me radiotherapy – but this will be the first week in January i.e. when the chemo has just about gone from my system – YES, YES, YES – I should feel half decent for Christmas *Gaynor with BIG smile on face*. They are going to use the radio to reduce the secondary lump near my boob and the lymph nodes in the lung (the adenocarcinoma of the lung is the one that’s – errr how can I put this – gonna take me). The side effects of this are horrid and I won’t mention them at this stage. So – over the next two to three weeks I’ll be zombie, druggy Gaynor – pretty lifeless and not feeling like doing a thing so I won’t be around on the boards, although I do think of you all. Sorry this has been a bit long – hopefully am trying to reduce the number of questions I get via email. See you all in 2 or 3 weeks. Love and hugs Gaynor xxxx

Mags

Mags Report 10 Nov 2004 08:07

Thinking of you daily! Thanks for the update. Biggest of hugs and lots of love, Mags xxxxxx BF's

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Nov 2004 08:07

Oh Gaynor. My love goes out to you having to endure all this and yet through it all you can see the bright moments to look forward too. I hope the legs swelling can be sorted. Take care, stay strong. Love Gwyn

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 10 Nov 2004 08:15

All my best wishes go with you, Gaynor......... Bob

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 10 Nov 2004 08:17

Big hug from Cornwall Gaynor ((((((((((-))))))))))) Thinking of you. Pauline

June

June Report 10 Nov 2004 08:18

Gaynor, Thanks for the update, I hope this doesn't cause more upset doing this, you already have enough to put up with. Thank goodness you will be feeling at your best over the Christmas period, I do hope you have a good Christmas and New Year. Even though I dont keep emailing you, my thoughts are with you constantly. Love June xx

Josette

Josette Report 10 Nov 2004 08:24

Gaynor thanks for the update Thinking you of daily my friend. take care Luv Jo xxxx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 10 Nov 2004 08:40

Gaynor, thank you for letting us all know, im always thinking of you (((((huggles))))) xxx

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Nov 2004 08:44

My heart goes out to you Gaynor. I think of you often. Jo.XX

Rick

Rick Report 10 Nov 2004 08:47

Hi Gaynor. Thanks for the update hon - glad you'll be OK over Xmas :-) Love & (((((HUGS))))) R&J.xx

valinkent

valinkent Report 10 Nov 2004 09:06

Hi Gaynor thanks for keeping us all informed of your treatment. My heart go,s out to you and your family ,be strong . (((lol xxx))))) Val

Lindy

Lindy Report 10 Nov 2004 09:08

Dear Gaynor, I have not wanted to bother you with emails as I cannot even imagine how taxing the chemo must be for you. That does not mean that I do not think about you. Thank you for the update, you are a very special lady. God Bless you! (((((Hugs)))) Lindy

Sprack

Sprack Report 10 Nov 2004 09:16

thank you for sharing that with us gaynor, love and (((hugs))) to you and your family. jenny x x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 10 Nov 2004 09:18

Gaynor - Thinking of you and hoping that you will feel better soon. Very best wishes - Chrissie x

Joy

Joy Report 10 Nov 2004 09:18

Thanks for letting us know what's happening, Gaynor. Often thinking of you and yours. God bless. Joy

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 10 Nov 2004 09:23

oh babes you poor thing. im lost for words here but as you know hun,terry and me love you and rob sooo much and you wont be fighting this alone,we are with you all the way. love and hugs terry and susie

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 10 Nov 2004 09:24

Hi Mum, So glad the Chemo's almost over. Hope the next couple of weeks aren't too bad and that you are feeling well for our weekend together at the end of the month. So glad about Christmas - really looking forward to it now. You never know, you might even be back on the booze! Love you to the moon and back. Jack xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michelle

Michelle Report 10 Nov 2004 09:24

Gaynor, loads of love, loads of good wishes. Thinking of you lots. M.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 09:27

Babe, Keep battling, I am so sorry that it's getting worse.... I to think of you daily.... if only because of the walking I have to do.... I saw some great pics of the trail I am going on and I'll take you there in my heart!! Keep strong lovely lady!!