General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

When I was a child I was told the following...

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 15:21

Sticks and stone may break my bones but names will never hurt me Its very true you know ?

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 10 Nov 2004 15:22

emotionally then can if your that way inclined!

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Nov 2004 15:23

Paul its the thump you get while your saying it that hurt, if you didn't run fast enough lol sandra

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Nov 2004 15:24

i agree debroah.but adults should know better!!!xxx(:

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 10 Nov 2004 15:24

what if you write a nasty word on a stick and hit someone with it?

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Nov 2004 15:26

or a stone and throw it lol

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 15:34

I'm with Linda.... i lived with a guy once who thought I was his personal punch bag and the bruises healed.... the words still float around in my head even now 10 years later!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 15:34

only if you let them

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Nov 2004 15:37

Diana - that's awful. I agree with you, I was hurt very deeply by words and actions (not nasty at all on the face of it but very insidious) - that was about 12 years ago and it still affects me.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 10 Nov 2004 15:37

I gotta say this....I have had a certain person headbutt me, kick me down a flight of stairs, bruise me, kick me and allsorts, but its still his words that hurt me the most! xxxx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 15:38

Steedie.... i think you and i must have dated the same man!! :O) Paul, we know they can only hurt if we let them but sometimes it's said so often that you start to believe it!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Nov 2004 15:39

me too pink even had a kitchen knife held to my throat.but as with all bullies stand up to them and show them whos bossxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 15:41

My last word on this is... this was aimed at comments on these boards, nothing more nothing less.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 10 Nov 2004 15:41

i did, and i got thrown down the stairs for it! x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 10 Nov 2004 15:42

I know paul... I wasn't digging at you but bullies pick on the weaker ones...

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Nov 2004 15:42

maybe this is a hard lesson to step back and think before we actxxxx(:

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 10 Nov 2004 15:43

my sister used to say to me sticks and stones may break my bones but names will make me kill you!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 10 Nov 2004 15:43

oh yeah Paul, we know xxxxx

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 10 Nov 2004 19:22

Tell you what girls,always let the bullies know that sometime or another THEY HAVE TO SLEEP. i HEARD OF ONE WHO AWOKE TO FIND HIS WIFE WITH A PAN OF BOILING WATER HELD OVER HIM. hE NEVER TOUCHED HER AGAIN.

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 10 Nov 2004 20:29

i like pauls sister , shes very clever with her answers