General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

worst record of all time ?

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 15:53

On teh radio at lunchtime they announced the results of a poll, taken of internet users, to find out what people think is the worst record of all time. The number one was shocking.. Oh bla di oh bla da (or however you spell it by The Beatles). How stupid. Opinions on the worst ever please ?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 10 Nov 2004 15:54

Two Little Boys - Rolf Harris Gwynne

Andy

Andy Report 10 Nov 2004 15:55

We were just debating this in the office (Radio 2 is playing in the background) and poured scorn and derision on the result. What about The Cheeky Girls or The Fast Food Song?

Lucky

Lucky Report 10 Nov 2004 15:55

Don't know about the worst, there are so many but The Chicken Song, Mr Blobby, just two that come to mind Diane

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 15:56

I quite like that ! Excluding noverty songs ?

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 10 Nov 2004 15:56

Oh Yes it was awful wasn't it. My boys used to make up dreadful words to it.Can you remember that other horror.something about mice in a windmill in old Amsterdam

Lucky

Lucky Report 10 Nov 2004 15:58

What about renee and Renate, Save your Love for Me or something like that.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 15:59

I have to agree with the fast food rockers fast food song... absolutely appalling.. does it fall into "excusable novelty record" though ?

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 16:02

Linda I remember that well as I loved Paul Nicholas. I hate Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep always did, always will, Its ridiculous they mentioned the Beatles, cheek of them. There is far more rubbish out there at the moment than anything the Beatles done. Pat x

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 10 Nov 2004 16:03

it must be the chuffing birdy song!! i hate that with all my being!!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 10 Nov 2004 16:03

Haven't heard that for ages!.. Obladi oblada life goes on wooh, la la la la life goes on, Desmond has a barrow in the market square, buys a twenty carat diamond ring, takes it back too Molly..(can't remember anymore!) Couldn't stand monster mash, and Orville's wish I could fly!..

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 16:04

as teh DJ on Radio one said.. the song is on the White Album which is an absolute classic (although not yer typical Beatles album, quite challenging... but one of my favourites (along with revolver and Rubber Soul)

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 16:07

Too True Paul Rubber Soul and Revolver I like most of their albums especially Abbey Road, had to buy it twice as I wore it out. The White album isnt a fave though, but to todays music its brilliant. Pat x

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Nov 2004 16:11

I think it's called 'Honey' by Bobby Golsburgh or something? About a young wife who dies and he plants a tree in the garden - GHASTLY!!!!

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 16:12

Don't know my kids loved that on the Album I used to skip it but it was the only one they sang to, except later when my boys got a little older they loved "Maxwells Silver Hammer".LOL typical boys. Pat x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 16:13

Now Pat, there's where we disagree... I thik the White Album was very influencial towards shaping "todays music".

Sue

Sue Report 10 Nov 2004 16:15

Deck of Cards by Wink Martindale. Typical American sentimental tosh! Sorry :o( Sue

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 16:16

No I agree with your statement just wasnt my cup of tea over other Beatles albums. But it is seen as their most influential I couldnt disagree with that, just because I have a little lighter taste. Pat x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 16:16

One I really dislike is "Tell Laura I love her".. don't know why, but I've always disliked it.. vehemently

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 10 Nov 2004 16:20

Have to agree with Sue about Deck of Cards but even worse than Wink is Max Bygrave's version. Gwynne (and who could ever forget his Pink Toothbrush)