General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How did you feel when you did it for the first tim

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 10 Nov 2004 16:35

Hi there, This is the first time I have posted a thread. I've been been wanting to for a while but felt a bit too shy/self conscious, even though everyone seems so friendly. Anyway I've done it now. Did anyone else feel like this or is it just shy, insecure me? Lol, Katex

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 16:36

was nervous - but worth it hi Kate

Curly

Curly Report 10 Nov 2004 16:37

Hi Kate! I'm a newbie too and also a little scared by the threads! You've been very brave!!! xx

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Nov 2004 16:38

god thought that was a personal question.but my answer was apprehensive.didn't know what the members would think of me.well what do you think of me.?xxxx(:

Craig

Craig Report 10 Nov 2004 16:38

I don't particularly get nervous, but I did wonder how it'd go down. Good way to enter though, it caught my eye!

Pat

Pat Report 10 Nov 2004 16:43

Kate Took me ages to actually posts I used to just read the boards Still in the end i just went for it and ofcourse in time it gets easier to post stuff. I at one stage became paronoid that I was the thread killer and actually started my first thread on the General board about this subject and ended up with pages of funny replies that was a great help to me, as I did not end up killing the thread myself LOL. You have made your first move. Pat x

Bec

Bec Report 10 Nov 2004 16:44

Hello Kate from Brum! I was apprehensive to see how people would react to a 'younger' member on the boards... so far so good, i have adopted several grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts, uncles, big sisters, big brothers etc! Only problem is buying all the b***** christmas presents for them! becx P.S. ignore all the threads of people arguing!

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Nov 2004 16:45

Hi Kate its ok after the first time happy hunting sandra

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Nov 2004 16:46

Hi kate welcome to the board Have fun Elaine x

Kate

Kate Report 10 Nov 2004 16:47

Wow!! Didn't expect all these replies already. Thanks so much. Christina, that's exactly how I felt! Glad it worked Craig! Hello to you all and thanks for your welcome and making it feel easier for me. Katex

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Nov 2004 16:49

I hung around the records board for a while, then decided to make myself known using one of my first threads, by asking if I was the youngest one here. I think everyone got to know of me after that. :-)

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 10 Nov 2004 16:53

kate the first time i posted a thread i upset half the board by accusing them of being bored housewives!!! soon learnt my lesson though! you'll enjoy it! x

Sprack

Sprack Report 10 Nov 2004 16:56

I was very nervous the first time I put on or added to a thread because I am a very shy person, my daughter cant belive how I have changed since joining genes but I am still too nervous to go to get togethers. jenny x

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 10 Nov 2004 16:57

Yes I felt awful and waited to see if I would get any replies. I was amazed when someone actually answered me. Then there are the occassions when you answer a thread only to find that it has moved on with other peoples comments and your answer is miles behind everyone else and you feel a right dingbat. Sometimes you can feel invisible too as no one takes up your point,but I like the good natured give and take. Good Luck-Glad you joined us -Go For it Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 17:00

I'd done it lots of times before i did it here, so wasn't bothered at all. As for us all being friendly... well ignoring todays sudden outbreak of niggles, on the whole we're a lovely bunch. Well, most of us. Not me, I'm 'orrible lol Go on, join in more.. dare ya. Paul

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 10 Nov 2004 17:02

Very nervous, still am, but will persevere!! Nice to meet you. Kxx

Kate

Kate Report 10 Nov 2004 17:07

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I feel a lot more at ease now I know I wasn't the only one who felt that way. In fact Paul (Chunkey Monkey) I might just take you up on that dare! I did read your thread Postie Paul and thought it was a great way of introducing yourself! Katexx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Nov 2004 17:10

well you don't know me Paul )postie). I ignored you. at your request. lol

Kate

Kate Report 10 Nov 2004 17:12

Thanks Katz, Hope I will persevere too. Good to meet you! Katexx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 10 Nov 2004 17:14

Hello Kate, Welcome aboard!, shall look out for you! :-)