General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

beer or wine drinkers or both?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 16:30

on the news it said that people are converting to wine and leaving the beer behind.admittedly i drink more wine now than beer now.xxx(:

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 11 Nov 2004 16:33

I now drink white wine - when I have a drink. Can't drink red wine or port because they gives me migrane - (Saying I can't drink red - gluhwin i can drink as it's been "cooked" - and the tannine has burnt off) Find that beer is too gassy now. Liz

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 16:33

not much bendy.three bottles a week which is amplexxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 16:36

LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 16:37

I drink both. Or should I say either, as they don't mix well. I must admit I have developed a taste for red wine lately... but I still like a ber when I'm watching the football.

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 16:39

i like my blossom hill white or my chardonneys.any will doxxxxx(:havin a bottle tonitex

Craig

Craig Report 11 Nov 2004 16:47

If it's alcohol and not likely to blind me, anything. I must say though, I had to stop drinknig cider a few years ago cos it plays havoc with my stomach. It's a pity cos I love a cold, refreshing cider on a hot summers day! fiwfifbn sorry, just wiping saliva from keyboard. :-)

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 11 Nov 2004 16:50

Strangely Mary I really don't like Champagne. I do like a nice rich red,probably Australian,but I am very partial to a gin and tonic. I am alergic to the Tonic so I can only have it in small amounts with a lot of time in between-pity. I do love a drop of stout too but don't think of it very often.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 16:51

Craig, totally agree re: cider ! Rots the guts, but is lovely on a summers day

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 16:52

on my honeymoon we had champagne and belgian choccies.fortunatly for me and unfortunatly for my husband he hates champagne and belgian choccies so i scoffed and drank the lot.have to say we didn't consimate the marriage that night!!!!!!xxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Nov 2004 16:54

Lisa... too much information there I think !

BrianW

BrianW Report 11 Nov 2004 16:56

Anything (other than champagne), so long as I'm not paying.

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 16:56

I hate both, I only drink spirits, which is rarely lol Lisa x

Bec

Bec Report 11 Nov 2004 17:00

Beer cider white wine red wine sambuca tequila vodka malibu champagne mudshakes smirnoff ice whisky brandy bacardi bacardi breezers reef .... I'm not fussed really becx <hiccup>

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 11 Nov 2004 17:07

Bec I'm with you! Nothing like variety!! I did start on vodka, lime and soda whilst doing Atkins and that's kinda stuck. Jack x

Bec

Bec Report 11 Nov 2004 17:08

Jack - you can drink vodka on atkins!?!?

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 11 Nov 2004 17:08

both and as much as i can get down me neck! xxx

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Nov 2004 17:09

my christmas party will be messy as they have said if we say a certain word then we will have to drink a shot.looks like they will be carrying me home thenxxxxx(:

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 11 Nov 2004 17:10

I think I'm weird because I don't really like wine with food - I enjoy a glass or 2 whilst cooking - I enjoy cooking but it's amazing how funny it becomes after the 2nd glass! Not keen on beer - OK with Indian food but too filling and gassy.

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 11 Nov 2004 17:29

Yes Bec you sure can, vodka and soda has practically zero carbs but the lime has some. Whatever diet I do I can always find some alcohol to fit!!! Jack x