General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new member today

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dave

Dave Report 12 Nov 2004 02:42

just started out today on the quest of finding relations,now i know just what bogged down,cant see the trees for wood,needle in a haystack means? dave head-ache

Felicity

Felicity Report 12 Nov 2004 02:50

Welcome! :-)

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 02:51

Hi David You will be in good company then! Welcome to the boards, most people have hit the sack that can help your headaches except the people from different time zones and they are most helpful as well. Hope you enjoy your time on the boards, if you want a laugh or a joke general board is worth checking regularly Want advice or help check tips board. For all the serious look ups the records board is the best. Well my turn to hit the sack, Good night Pat x

John

John Report 12 Nov 2004 02:51

Welcome, take a deep breath as you search

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 12 Nov 2004 02:57

Hi David. Always happy to help. If you have any Ancestors that may have come Down under ( Australia.) Just Holl'a. All the best. Tony. Victoria, Australia. ( Only 1:35 pm here Oz time.)

Pat

Pat Report 12 Nov 2004 03:14

David Oh before I go I don't know where you are living but if it is UK or near it PLEASE check back in the morning by adding to this thread and others will welcome you. Otherwise enjoy yourself tonight with our many friends from overseas. Goodnight all Pat x

Dave

Dave Report 12 Nov 2004 03:43

hi anthony have relations in towomba near the gold coast would love to get in touch with,names are=michael and stephen hughes. regards dave

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 12 Nov 2004 06:40

Good Morning David, welcome!..

Josette

Josette Report 12 Nov 2004 07:47

Morning David and welcome to research. Hope you have fun with researching

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 12 Nov 2004 08:00

Hi David,Welcome and ask what you need to know.There is plenty of help on here. Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Nov 2004 08:08

Welcome to the pleasure dome David. If you get fed up with searching for rellies, as sometimes we do, we pop onto this board for a breath of fresh air. Have a get time Lin

Joy

Joy Report 12 Nov 2004 09:27

Welcome, David. This hobby is totally addictive, sometimes confusing, and can be very, very enjoyable and rewarding! :-) We started 5 years ago by reading books such as the Family Tree Detective by Colin Rogers, and a book by George Pelling - borrowed them from the library, and had to buy them! Very useful reference books. Then we got on the internet later ... and I have fun on this board! Bendy - how come you paid £35!!! ouch :-) Joy

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Nov 2004 10:03

Hi David Welcome to the mad house... Elaine x

Joy

Joy Report 12 Nov 2004 10:05

Oh, Bendy, that is painful! :-) Joy

June

June Report 12 Nov 2004 10:25

Hi David, Welcome to the Mad house lol, i know what you mean about needle in haystack especially when you have ancestor with a surname like Jones, like i have :-( good luck with your research, june

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 12 Nov 2004 10:29

Hi David, welcome aboard and good luck with your tree Karen

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 12 Nov 2004 16:42

Hi again David,how has the first day been? Rose

Bec

Bec Report 12 Nov 2004 16:46

Hello David! I'm Bec, I live (am not from!) Essex and I'm researching the Battys, Richardsons, Lowes, Wilkinsons, Flavells, Croppers, Tzortoglous, Gallallys and now Becks so far. Happy hunting and welcome :-) becx

Sandra

Sandra Report 12 Nov 2004 17:42

Hi Dave welcome to the mad house, If you go on the tips board theres a good list of sites to use that will help, if you get stuck shout, happy hunting sandra

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 12 Nov 2004 17:53

helloooooo!!!