General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is anyone getting what I'm getting?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Nov 2004 11:06

Everytime I click on to a thread to read I get this rubbish about a new site. And I have to scroll down to read the message. Is it just me?

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Nov 2004 11:07

I am getting fed up with it now, even have to scroll down to click on the different topics board.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 16 Nov 2004 11:07

How annoying is that, I'm sure they could have put a link to it somewhere else instead of having to keep scrolling down on EVERy board!! Grrrrrr Christine

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Nov 2004 11:08

NO, I wouldnt thankyou. I defitnly dont want to chat about it.

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Nov 2004 11:10

I expect a lot of people will be confused, and not realise that they have to scroll down, I thought I had gone to my home page.

Willy

Willy Report 16 Nov 2004 11:10

I also have it,a bit annoying.Seemed to just appear in the last few mins.WIZZ

June

June Report 16 Nov 2004 11:11

I got it too,

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 11:12

Yes, i see it too. nice of them to ask for volunteers to test, STUPID place for them to do it.

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 16 Nov 2004 11:16

me too ive got it ,its annoying me now

helenbell

helenbell Report 16 Nov 2004 11:16

yes isnt it a pain in the you know what, we are having a good conversation here

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 16 Nov 2004 11:22

I thought I was going mad and had to log in again!! :O)

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 16 Nov 2004 11:22

I got it too, and i dont like it! x

Joy

Joy Report 16 Nov 2004 11:25

Wanadoo blocks unsolicited emails for me. MPS blocks unsolicited post for me. TPS blocks unsolicited telephone calls for me. I do not want unsolicited advertising from GR. :-( Joy

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Nov 2004 11:28

Thought I'd gone mad! I feel a swift letter to the GC team coming on! Jeanette x

Jean

Jean Report 16 Nov 2004 11:31

please take that annoying advert off the top of the boards gr its in the way and looks like none of us want it...might be more appopriate for f r

Joy

Joy Report 16 Nov 2004 11:33

I have sent my previous reply in feedback. I do not want unsolicited advertising from GR. :-( Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 11:33

Have emailed someone at GR to grumble...

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 16 Nov 2004 11:34

me too!

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Nov 2004 11:36

The problem is... it's not really unsolicited mail/advertising is it Joy. Its a message on a screen about a new feature. Lets be honest, we have asked them to keep us informed about new features. This isn't the way to do it though, it's too intrusive

Joy

Joy Report 16 Nov 2004 11:40

There you go, I've done it wrong again, Paul :-). Wot a pain I am. :-) Not the way to tell us about it though. Could have been done a different, better way. Goodness, though, just think, another website to be funded lol :-) Joy