General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lottery special draw?(Renamed the Irish Genealogy

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 10:06

Can anyone please tell me if there was a seperate set of numbers for the special anniversary lottery draw on Saturday 6th Nov? We bought a ticket but never saw any other numbers apart from the usual ones. I may have to go in a minute but will look back later if I don't say thanks straight away for any replies. Chrissie x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 10:22

Sorry - I didn't know there was one !!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Nov 2004 10:23

The special draw... any ticket bought for the normal lottery was automatically entered for the special draw same ticket same numbers. Just check the numbers on your normal entry ticket against the special draw numbers.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 10:25

Thanks very much - I just wanted to double check before I threw it away. I have checked it against the ordinary numbers - no luck I'm afraid:((( Better luck next time:))) Chrissie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 10:31

Did you notice if they had a cheque in their trunks?

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 10:42

He did didn't he, perhaps we should tell him that it just flew past. :))

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 10:45

Yippee - it may be coming my way:))))))))))

Fairy

Fairy Report 18 Nov 2004 11:01

No, you used the same ticket again. Maybe you'r a millionaire!!!!! Jo.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Nov 2004 14:06

Chrissie WAIT!! There were 2 sets of numbers drawn that night - both to be checked against the numbers on your one ticket. I couldn't find the draw either until someone said to check ceefax. I did but no luck. Again. Jacky

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 14:22

Thanks very much Jackie and Lorraine. I nearly threw it away this morning after the messages but for some reason I didn't. Will check it now. If it's a winner what present would you both like as a reward:))) Chrissie x

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Nov 2004 14:38

My Great Grandmother's details!! Thank you!!! Jacky :-))

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 15:01

Well Lorraine and Jacky, I can still only find one set of Numbers for Sat 6th Nov and I'm afraid no joy:(( However if I can help with the Gt Grandmother problem? I don't have to win the lottery for that. Lorraine - a bar of chocolate for effort is on it's way:)) Chrissie x

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Nov 2004 15:13

Chrissie, You will need a magic wand at least to find her. She's Irish. No records anywhere ever but.... had contact from someone to say they made a note of the same name in Dublin for a marriage in 1870 but she didn't make a note of the spouse. She has given me a reference number. I contacted Dublin yesterday by phone to be told a copy of the certificate would be Euros 3.80 so send them Euros 5! I said what if the spouse name and the the name I have are not the 2 on the certificate and they said 'never mind but we'll still send the certificate'! I will send for it but I do wish I could check it out first. Have posted messages all over for anyone in Dublin but no takers as yet. Sorry you didn't win the lottery. Jacky :-)

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 15:20

Hi Jackie (I assume the Kacky was a slip of the finger LOL) When I was trying to help sort out a name on an Irish certificate for Daniel I enlisted the help of an Irish friend (thought she might recognise Irish names better than me) and she has an Irish Directory. It listed the address and phone number of the Genealogical Office in Dublin. I don't know if this would be of any help to you? Or is this who you are in contact with? Chrissie x

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Nov 2004 15:26

Chrissie, Yes it was s lip of the finger!! Now corrected! It was the Dublin Office I phoned yesterday and who I shall send my 5 euros to. I can't go any further with that line until I find something on her - the only Irish one on my Dad's side. Then I can start on my mum's side who are all Irish!! Jacky :-)

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 15:36

What a nightmare - I have dreaded finding anyone in Ireland, I wouldn't know where to start. I know one of my branches were gypsies originally and I haven't found them yet - I suppose they may have been Irish. Was it the Kildare Street office you spoke to as I would have thought that it would be called Register office not Genealogical office (perhaps it's different in Ireland) Good luck - Chrissie x

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Nov 2004 16:48

The address of the Records Office I am writing to (I assume the place I phoned is the same place!!) is JOYCE HOUSE, 8-11 LOMBARD STREET EAST, DUBLIN 2. Jacky

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 16:52

The address I have for the Genealogical Office is Kildare Street - Dublin 2. I don't know what the difference is. I have got telephone as:- 00353-18-765521 (then it says 614877 then 611626) I dont know whether that is all the same number or two alternatives. I do know that it includes the code from England. Chrissie

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Nov 2004 16:57

Chrissie, Not the number I phoned. I gave the reference number I have to the man at the other end and he didn't tell me to go elsewhere! Jacky :-)

Christine2

Christine2 Report 18 Nov 2004 16:59

Jacky I don't mean that I think this is the office you should have gone to - I just wondered if they may be able to help with your searches as they are called genealogical. I wonder what they do?? Chrissie