General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How we laughed .... (footie fans only)

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:15

when Liverpool scored in injury time yesterday !!! I notice the Gobby Gooner (Lynda Pace) hasn't responded to my text on the subject .... it just said ha ha ha ha ha !! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 12:18

he he he I shouted so loudly when the goal went in that the dog went and hid lol ps, surely Lynda is "A gobby gooner" not "THE gobby gooner"... most of them ARE gobby in my experience.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:21

that's SOO true Paul - AND they can dish it out, but they can't take it !!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Nov 2004 12:21

Revenge will come lol E x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Nov 2004 12:22

Anyway...liverpool STOLE the goal.......nuffink changes lololol :o))))) E x

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 12:23

you're right Maz. I have a mate (?) who's a typical gobby gooner. Sent me loads of abuse after the Charity cup and when Chelsea beat United (yes, I'm a United supporter lol). Didn't like it much when I sent him a "better luck next time" message after United beat them tho.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:24

oh Elaine - you are SOOO predictable !!!!! My f-i-l is a Toffees fan (gawd knows why, he's an east ender who now lives in kent!) but even HE was cheering on the scousers. Everton are within 2 points of you lot now !! Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 12:24

with 6 seconds remaining hahaha if the ball hadn't gone in though, surely it would have been pulled back for the foul ? Campbell gave Kewell a whack with his elbow... Best moment of the game though ? Vieiras dive - comedy gold.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:25

Paul just be thankful you don't live round here - they're ALL blimmin gooners! When I wear my Spurs hat, one of the other mum's at the school chases me, rips off my hat and throws it in the bushes!!! Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:26

yeah - better than Klinsman roflmao

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 12:27

And they say Ronaldo's a diver !! at least there's usually some contact when he goes down, Hamann wasn't withing a foot of Vieira !! Ref should have sent him off...

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 12:28

Surely as a Spurs fan they should just feel sorry for you though ? lol

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:28

oi !!!!! don't you start!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Nov 2004 12:29

sorry lol hey, if you're in the East End, shouldn't they all be West ham supporters ?

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 29 Nov 2004 12:30

hehehe

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 12:34

well... here in Walthamstow we are nearest to Spuz and the Orient, so those of us who like a bit of REAL footie (and are gluttons for punishment) are yids. But where I was born (Forest Gate/Stratford) it is the Jellied Eels. My mum and sister are both WH fans. But we aren't too far from Goonersville here so a lot of the kids are glory hunters and are gooners. Then of course there's the Man U muppets too ...... !! Maz. XX

Rick

Rick Report 29 Nov 2004 12:55

Hiya Maz - good to meet you at the weekend btw. Just wanted to add my tuppence worth on THE Gobby Gooner being lost for words lmao !!!!! (yes Paul, Lynda won that particular title). Well done to the Scousers and C'mon you bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues. We're gonna win the league :-))))) Rick.xx

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 29 Nov 2004 13:02

Much as it pains me to say so Rick - I rather think you are!! Maz XX

Joy

Joy Report 29 Nov 2004 13:53

Lyla - I was so chuffed about Ipswich Town, too!! I support Eagles (*my* team) Ipswich Town cos of my Suffolk roots and cousins Plymouth Argyle cos my husband comes from there and his brother has an Argyle website. :) Joy

Bec

Bec Report 29 Nov 2004 14:01

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boyf sulked all evening and did the usual gooner thing (blamed absolutley everyone and everything else apart from the boys in red and the frenchman!) What a season this could be, COME ON THE REAL REDS (utd) becx