General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Now u are sad if you know the words to this one.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 30 Nov 2004 22:46

I've just come down from the Isle of Skye

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Nov 2004 22:49

I'm no' verrrry big

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 30 Nov 2004 22:50

lala lalalala lala laaaaaaaaaaaaa

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Nov 2004 22:50

I've just come down from the Isle of Skye, I'm no' very big and I'm awful shy, And the lassies shout when I go by, "Donald where's your troosers?" Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, Through the streets in my kilt I'll go, All the lassies say "Hello, Donald, where's your troosers?" A lassie took me to a ball And it was slippery in hall, And I was feared that I would fall, For I had nae on ma troosers. Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, Through the streets in my kilt I'll go, All the lassies say "Hello, Donald, where's your troosers?" Now I went down to London town And I had some fun in the Underground, The ladies turned their heads around, Saying, "Donald, where are your trousers?" Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, Through the streets in my kilt I'll go, All the lassies say "Hello, Donald, where's your troosers?" To wear the kilt is my delight, It is not wrong, I know it's right, The Highlanders would get a fright If they saw me in the trousers. Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, Through the streets in my kilt I'll go, All the lassies say "Hello, Donald, where's your troosers?" The lassies want me, every one, Well, let them catch me if they can, Ye canna take the breeks off a Hieland man, And I don't wear the troosers. Let the wind blow high, let the wind blow low, Through the streets in my kilt I'll go, All the lassies say "Hello, Donald, where's your troosers? Donald, where's your troosers? Donald, where's your troo---" SERIOUSLY SAD heheheheh

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 22:50

Ok I'm sad I'm no very big but Im awffy shy And all the lassies shout och aye Donald where's your troosers! sad Christine

Suzy

Suzy Report 30 Nov 2004 22:51

Brill Sheila!!

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 30 Nov 2004 22:51

Show off!! (hi She) Maggy

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 30 Nov 2004 22:51

SheilaYou go Girl L round of aplause

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 22:52

PMSL Glad I'm not the only saddo. It's my Dad and my brother and about 20 ancestors name so I could hardly NOT know it!!! Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Nov 2004 22:54

got memories running about now of the White Heather Club and Thingummyjig hehehehehe making me chuckle - they were like our family at New Year when dad traipsed us all down to a home for the elderly and the whole lot of us entertained them - dad was a piper (in fact the town piper ) -

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 22:57

OMG Sheila we had the same childhood! My Granda and uncle on the pipes, my dad on the accordian another uncle wi the moothie and old Grannie with the Jews (jaws) harp. God I hated those Hogmanys as a wean but now I just wish it could be like that again! Christine

Malc /GG and Jackie

Malc /GG and Jackie Report 30 Nov 2004 23:00

Bloody celts LOL how do you expect us english to know the words ???????????????????????????????? lmao

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Nov 2004 23:01

Malc - you will get a slap on the back of your legs on Thursday if you dont behave lol Christine - when we come up to sort out a marker for my wee granny I think we should all have a get together - a right ceilidh :-)

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 23:06

Och aye Shelia, as long as I don't have to sing, the musical talent in my family seemed to have bypassed me! LOL Christine

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 30 Nov 2004 23:34

Oh god Shiela are u related to Kenneth McKellar, Andy Steward and Moira? All my Hogmaneys coming back to haunt me.

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 30 Nov 2004 23:37

Sheila nice one - are you Scottish? Anne

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Nov 2004 23:38

nah - but I have sung with Alaistair McDonald (of the jeely peece song) Christine Kydd, Chantan and several others on the Scottish folk scene and my birth name IS Anderson lol Indeed I am Anne - and very proud of my heritage :-)

Peter

Peter Report 30 Nov 2004 23:39

I'm sad, But the wind do'nt blow on my tackle

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 23:40

Hi Autumn, don't know about Shelia but wee Alisdair Giliies (remember him) was my dentist when I was young and we were supposed to be related to him and his sister who was married to Calum Kennedy. Never found the connection so far, but you never know. I think all these 'Heilan Teuchters' and related to each other in some way or another! BTW, where abouts up here are you from? Christine

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Nov 2004 23:43

Shelia I love Alisdair McDonald. My youngest daughter is named after a Gaelic song I heard him sing years ago 'Kirsteen' Christine