General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Answers request about Unwanted Certs

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 01:48

Please see below Thanks Pat x

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 01:48

Following on from numerous threads on people who have unwanted certs (and I added in useful images from 1837) as these very often appear on Records Board. I received a reply from genes team to the affect that they feel it is a good idea and are willing to look at the proposal for the next update of the site. The proposal is for people to post one name at a time so they can be searched by name (similar system to trying to find board) any unwanted certs and images from 1837. I received my answer as usual in very good time (Thanks again Genes team) and I am optimistic that if enough people request this service it may become priority to Genes to give this a try. Maybe we could do add names here (similar to the petition for the 1911 census thread by Benjamin on records board), please add comments below and we can make an effort if you feel it would be a good idea & agree with what’s been asked of genes please add your name below and comments if you wish. Thanks Pat x

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 1 Dec 2004 01:52

Pat I think this would be a good idea I am having enough trouble as it is, so if I could just work on one name it would make my life easier and then I would not be going round in circules LOL I hope this is what you mean? Debs.

Bec

Bec Report 1 Dec 2004 01:53

Great idea! Especially when searching for ancestors with common names (eg Harrison and Richardson). love becx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Dec 2004 01:57

Good idea Pat. I have hundreds of details that are of no use to me, because on Scotland's People you not only download the details you want, there are another two sets of unrelated details that may be of use to someone, that you get also. Christine

Sandra

Sandra Report 1 Dec 2004 07:38

count me in

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 1 Dec 2004 10:37

Great idea Pat. I am with you all the way. Jenny

Trish

Trish Report 1 Dec 2004 10:42

Brilliant idea. I might even get lucky!

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 12:10

want to keep this one page one, sorry but for others to see as they come in. Thanks Pat x

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Dec 2004 12:11

Yep, sounds like a good idea to me, even though at the moment I only have one superfluous certificate (I've been lucky I guess).

N

N Report 1 Dec 2004 12:29

Thats great that is, wicked, :-) :-). brill idea that is and will look forward to seeing this so i can add some, i have posted quite at lot of my leftovers 1837, and all census info i have got on tracing your family history, but after i posted info i delered most off my computer, will now save the rest so i can also post them on here. :-) Great, cant wait. Thanks pat for all your hard work .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Dec 2004 12:41

good idea, I have unwanted certs. Not sure about 1837 info, i think GC would need to get permission from 1837online to publish those. Ann Glos

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 1 Dec 2004 13:17

Even though I don't have any unwanted certs, I think it is a brilliant idea. Nicola

valinkent

valinkent Report 1 Dec 2004 13:21

I think it is a great idea Pat ,i hope they do it . Val

Louise

Louise Report 1 Dec 2004 13:21

Good idea. I'm sure all of us order the wrong certificate sooner or later. Well done Pat.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 1 Dec 2004 14:35

Yes count me in! It is such a shame having paid for a cert to find it's the wrong one, I'd much rather give it away than dispose of it. Thanks Pat. Linda

Speedy

Speedy Report 1 Dec 2004 14:44

Yes I also think it's a good idea, I have some info stored on my pooter that may be of help to others so go for it GC Team. Bev

Gerry

Gerry Report 1 Dec 2004 14:56

Bril idea. Well done, and well done to GR for giving it a go Gerry

Pat

Pat Report 1 Dec 2004 16:16

Last nudge

Angela

Angela Report 1 Dec 2004 17:02

I have a large number of saved GRO index pages and would be happy to post them on this site to save others the expense. Angela